ACN Latitudes Forums

Feeling down after "under our skin" movie

it was super depressing to watch and know that my girl could suffer for her whole life. Life is just passing her by, as she struggles with this illness. All of her friends keep moving onto to knew things as she continues to be sick and immature. I am so down right now. This movie sickened my, to see such greed and cruelty to mankind.

it was super depressing to watch and know that my girl could suffer for her whole life. Life is just passing her by, as she struggles with this illness. All of her friends keep moving onto to knew things as she continues to be sick and immature. I am so down right now. This movie sickened my, to see such greed and cruelty to mankind.

It is a hard movie to watch especially when your child is very sick with Lyme. I cried when i watched it the first week my son was diagnosed. It does prepare you for the controversy though and that's why it is important. Keep in mind that most of the people in the movie get well w the right treatment. Even pamela weintraub, author of cure unknown, beat lyme so that insired me. Dr J told me that all kids get better with the right treatment and my son is well now. He was the sickest one and it was hardest to get him well.I was pretty sick too and am fine now. We r still working on my daughter but her symptoms are very subtle. When you realize how common this disease is and how so many people have it and dont know it (or will eventually get Lyme)you can consider yourself lucky that you at least have the knowledge and a llmd -way ahead of most. That's how I looked at it. There are also quite a few people who have it in their family but who refuse to believe it. To get rid of this disease you have to be educated about Lyme, patient and have an open mind- a tall order for many people who want to rely on their clueless family doctor and not read anything. So we r lthe lucky ones in some ways :-).Hang in there!