ACN Latitudes Forums

Wht helps bartonella until i can get Abx.?

A-Bart or Bar-1 will help treat Bartonella but it is always worse before better. They are herbal mixes and as potent as any antibiotic I have taken.

If I were you I'd start with heavy detox prior to starting treatment. That should help eliminate the current toxin load. Plus hd B-12 will help with mood.

-Wendy

Maybe try Reaseached Nutritionals Transfer Factor Multi-immue to help boost your immune system. This really helped dd9's symptoms (almost totally cleared) before she started the abx. She was so much better I was wishing that I did not have to do the Abx thing, but it has to be done. Forrest Health has it without a physician code.

A-Bart or Bar-1 will help treat Bartonella but it is always worse before better. They are herbal mixes and as potent as any antibiotic I have taken.

If I were you I'd start with heavy detox prior to starting treatment. That should help eliminate the current toxin load. Plus hd B-12 will help with mood.

-Wendy

Are these homeopathic? Where did you find them?

Thanks

Wilma,

I would do everything you can to improve your immune system and set yourself up for healing. I agree with taking the Transfer Factor from Researched Nutritionals - my son is taking Transfer Factor LymPlus from RN. Also, you might try removing dairy and gluten from your diet to see if this helps you feel better. This could have a big, immediate impact on your energy, so its worth a try. Make sure you drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and cut out sugar as best you can. I would get on a probiotic now, before starting treatment. Custom Probiotics is a good, high quality one to start with - you can order it from iherb.com. Also, taking D3 is a good idea to make sure your immune system is well supported. If you can ask your family doctor to test your D3 levels, that's ideal. Our LLMD said the number needs to be between 60 and 70 to optimize Lyme treatment. But if you can't get the testing, I would just take 3,000 IU's a day to start (I weigh 120 and take 4,000 IU's daily).

I am taking A-Bart as prescribed by an LLMD. It is homeopathic, but powerful, so I wouldn't start taking it without a doctor's guidance.

You could start by taking some Bur Bur and Bentonite 'OR' Charcoal Pills.

Burbur: Work up to 10 drops in a.m. and p.m. http://www.nutramedix.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=3&idproduct=13

Bentonite Pills: Start with 5 pills in a.m. and p.m. and work up to 10 http://www.uniquehealing.com/unique-healing-store/unique-healing-body-bentonite-capsules/

Charcoal Pills: Work up to 8 per day. http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Charcoal-Activated-280-mg-100-Capsules/1846?at=0

I'm going to be the spoiler and suggest you wait to see a doctor and not treat yourself. You may suspect you have Bartonella and you may be correct. Or not. None of us here know your full medical history, symptoms, labs, etc. We could tell you things that make things worse, not better and you may think it's a herx when it could be an adverse reaction due to an incomplete or incorrect diagnosis.

Detox is great for anyone, but the specifics of what to take can vary depending on the individual and what other medications you may take for other conditions. I think a probiotic is probably a good start but I'd start slow and work up over a week or two to give your system time to adjust.

I'm not trying to discourage you and I hope I don't sound like a hypocrite. I often chime in on supplements and my own experience with them. Detox has been great for us. But I guess I work under the assumption that someone already has a diagnosis or if it's a child, probably isn't on other medications such as high blood pressure or cholesterol, etc, that hormones aren't at play... So I'd just urge caution until you have lab results or a diagnosis from an LLMD. I think the best thing to do is make sure you're on a waiting list so that you may be able to get an appointment quickly.

LLM has a good point, but of course its up to you how much you do before you get in to see a doctor. I have to say that a trial gluten-free, dairy-free diet has the potential to increase your energy within days, if you are sensitive to these things, and there is pretty much no risk involved. It would also allow you to have that information going in to your first appointment (ie, gf, df diet REALLY helped me, or, gf, df diet did nothing for me). That would be helpful to your doctor. I also think the probiotic is good preparation for any treatment and very low risk. It also has the potential to help you feel better in the short term if you have gut issues going on, such as yeast overgrowth.

I tend to agree with LLM.... Lyme Disease/co-infections is complicated and typically Bartonella is not the only culprit. We've done everything under the supervision of several Dr.'s versed in LD or a nutritionist focused on helping individuals with auto-immune issues. AND, its easy to hand out information on what has worked for our family regarding herbs or detox. BUT, again treating Lyme is very individualized and takes an experienced Dr. to really sort it all out.

I will PM you Dr. in NJ that has help a few others from the forum.

-Wendy

Call Igenex and see who in NJ is authorized to sign a lab request. I'm in California and my chiropractor was able to sign for it. I paid out of pocket, of course, but if that's an option then you don't have to wait for an LLMD appt -- you can ask your regular MD to order it (especially if you're not going to run it through your insurance) or whoever Igenex says is authorized (like a chiropractor).

I tend to agree with LLM.... Lyme Disease/co-infections is complicated and typically Bartonella is not the only culprit. We've done everything under the supervision of several Dr.'s versed in LD or a nutritionist focused on helping individuals with auto-immune issues. AND, its easy to hand out information on what has worked for our family regarding herbs or detox. BUT, again treating Lyme is very individualized and takes an experienced Dr. to really sort it all out.

I will PM you Dr. in NJ that has help a few others from the forum.

-Wendy