ACN Latitudes Forums

If you have seen Dr. J.

We will be seeing Dr. J. next month. I have not let my children dd9 know that she has Bartonella and may have Lyme. She has OCD and one of her fears is being bitten by a tick (ironically enough). Anyway, I was wondering whether his office makes it clear/obvious that he is treating Lyme (for example, are there pamphlets and posters all over the place)?

If yes, I'm going to need to do some serious distraction or make some arrangement with the staff, or somehow prepare my dd.

Thanks,

Kara

Kara

I would let the staff know in advance to ask Dr J not to discuss it directly in front of your child if you think it might be a problem. Maybe after the exam she could wait in the waiting room with a nurse. The office is small so that might work. Dr J was very direct with my daughter in her diagnosis but was also kind and comforting by telling her she is fixable. She was only 7 at the time so i was a little surprised.

Kim

We will be seeing Dr. J. next month. I have not let my children dd9 know that she has Bartonella and may have Lyme. She has OCD and one of her fears is being bitten by a tick (ironically enough). Anyway, I was wondering whether his office makes it clear/obvious that he is treating Lyme (for example, are there pamphlets and posters all over the place)?

If yes, I'm going to need to do some serious distraction or make some arrangement with the staff, or somehow prepare my dd.

Thanks,

Kara

he does have pictures of many of the kids that he has helped and lots of info out but it is all about him helping the kids and them saying thank you, from what I remember. I agree, I think you should talk to the girls at the office and explain your concerns.

Kara- I was in the same situation in September. My daughter did not know she had lyme. I called prior to let the office know I wanted to speak to Dr. J privately before he saw her. They had no problems with such, and even joked they would take down all pictures of lyme related materials before our appointment. I had my mother with me to keep her occupied during our visit. There are pamplets about lyme in his waiting room - so if she is left alone she might start reading them. We eventually told our daughter - before her third appt. with him.

Thanks everyone.

This is good to know. I don't mind the pics of kid - I think that will be comforting. I'll ask the office staff to remove the pamphlets. My husband and son will also be there (my son has an appointment, too), so she will be able to wait in the waiting room while I speak with Dr. J. Both my son and daughter are pretty observant, so if I can have references to ticks and Lyme removed for the time being, then that will ease MY fears.

Kara- I was in the same situation in September. My daughter did not know she had lyme. I called prior to let the office know I wanted to speak to Dr. J privately before he saw her. They had no problems with such, and even joked they would take down all pictures of lyme related materials before our appointment. I had my mother with me to keep her occupied during our visit. There are pamplets about lyme in his waiting room - so if she is left alone she might start reading them. We eventually told our daughter - before her third appt. with him.