ACN Latitudes Forums

Advice on detox

Hi all,

I'm looking from suggestions from nurses, doctors or anyone with young children that are using supplements to detox for Lyme/bartonella. We see dr jones and he hasn't suggested to take anything. My children are 8 one is about 67 pounds and the other about 43. I don't know where to start and I don't want to give too much of anything which also can be harmful. My kids have been on antibiotics for so long. After switching to cipro/rifampin I see herxing. Any suggestions welcomed.

Thnx,

Tami

We use 250mg glutathione as an anti-oxidant (can use alpha lipoic acid as well)

1800 mg activated charcoal as a binding agent to soak up toxins(because no way will my kids drink bentonite clay) - may switch to chlorella depending on LLMD input tomorrow

1 scoop of TruFiber and 1/2 cap full of miralax hidden in a daily smoothie or milk shake to encourage daily BMs

280 mg milk thistle for liver detox (don't take if you're allergic to ragweed - there's an old thread you may want to look up)

We've tried tumeric as an anti-inflammatory but it didn't seem to do anything. Currently relying on Aleve as needed but just posted about luteolin, which sounds promising on paper.

My daughter weighs much more but she does not swollow pills, and can really put up a fight about meds so I've been trying to make it as easy as possible. We try to do daily Epson salt baths, give her extra fiber gummys and I just started giving her a new product that I found. (don't know if it will help yet) but it is called Yummy Greens for kids and has Chlorella Algae in it. It is kind of like a chewable vitamin. She is also on Selenium and high doses of vitamin D because her levels were extreemly low.

I did buy the bentonite clay yesterday at the same time, but I'm pretty sure that is not going to go over well and may return it... (or maybe give it a try myself) Can someone tell me exactly what the charcoal is for? I've just been winging it and doing ok here so far, but incase things get bad again, I like to know other options.

I see Dr.J also, all he said was to make sure we do the probiotics and try to add more fiber.

Activated charcoal absorbs toxins need to make sure taken away from antibiotic cause will absorb that too. Dr j said we should use saccgaromyces boulardi with bifidus. I searched all over Internet and finally found one product that has both in it. It is called primal defense kids by garden of life it is a powder with natural banana flavor.

My 8 yr dd who does not swallow pills does not mind the bentonite clay. I put 1 tsp in a little cup with about 2 tsp of orange juice. The OJ masks it enough. She doesn't complain about it (and she complains a lot about everything else!).

I don't know if this is near enough clay though. She is 55 lbs. I will be starting a new detox program for her soon. I'll post it once i know what it is.

dd9 is 88 lbs and she takes Chlorella, 1 cap am, 1 pm. That seems to be doing a good job although I still worry it won't be enough.

Susan

Edit - I also wanted to bring up Diatomaceous earth (DE). Said to be a great detoxer. We use it, but not consistantly. I'm going to try to bring it back in. It works great in smoothies but if your child is not a smoothie drinker (like my 8 yr old) it can be difficult to get in.

Edited by Suzan

Our twins 35 and 45 pounds take 1/3 cup bentonite clay daily. Older DS 54 pounds takes 1 cup bentonite clay daily. They now sell bentonite pills and 10 pills equal 1/2 cup. Bentonite will absorb the toxin in the liver bile... hopefully taking load off liver. All the other stuff supports organ detox.

Burbur: Twins 10 drops in a.m. and p.m.

Mondipur: Older DS 15 drops in a.m. and p.m.

Clarity K Detox by Beyond Balance: Twins 10 drops in a.m. and p.m.

Now that we are treating older DS for KPU we will be alternating weekly between Chlorella/Captomer. Chlorella: 10 pills at breakfast, 10 pills at dinner. Captomer: 2 pills every other day. We believe older DS has/had climbing liver enzymes due to yellowing of eyes and are waiting for blood test results but were given Hepatica which is a very strong liver detox.

-Wendy

Edited by SF Mom

I also saw a strong herx when we put my son on Cipro (he was already on Rifampin). At that time, our LLMD suggested adding 10 drops of Burbur 2 - 3 times a day. It seemed to help. We already had him on the following detox regimen:

125 mg transdermal glutathione per day (tested deficient for this)

Futureplex Antitox, Gentle Drainage - 5 drops, 3x/day

Futureplex Antitox, Cellular Recharge - 1 drop, 2x/day

Bentonite Clay - 8 tablespoons per day

Epsom Salts baths - 2x/week

Lots of water with lemon

Daily exercise

We also have him on AdreCor by Neuroscience for adrenal support (2 cap/day) and Thyroplex by Karuna (1 tab/day) for thyroid support.

He is 11 years, 73 lbs and has been on this regimen for about 11 months, so he weighed less when we started.

For those of you already detoxing, what can I expect to see. What changes should I keep an eye on, will behavior improve ?

We were already on rifampin too when we added in cipro because azith/rifampin didn't do anything. How long did u use cipro I worry about long term use.

Thnx

I was worried about Cipro too, but he has been taking it since March and is doing fine. Much better in fact! Not sure about what changes you will see. We had the detox protocol in place before we started Lyme/Bartonella treatment. Hopefully, you'll just see less herxing.

For those of you already detoxing, what can I expect to see. What changes should I keep an eye on, will behavior improve ?

We were already on rifampin too when we added in cipro because azith/rifampin didn't do anything. How long did u use cipro I worry about long term use.

Thnx