ACN Latitudes Forums

Hurting all over with this treatment

My child is going on 3 weeks of bactrim and biaxin. Since adding the biaxin, she has complained of sore knees, legs, ankles and lower back. She is super lethargic. Is this herxing? I also have really sore legs, and lower back the last week. I am exhausted and can't get off the couch. I also saw a rash on my back that looks like the bartonella rash. How come we both feel this way I wonder. I thought perhaps it was the antibiotics for her, but why me??? Very odd. I put a call into Dr. Jones, but was just wondering.....

My child is going on 3 weeks of bactrim and biaxin. Since adding the biaxin, she has complained of sore knees, legs, ankles and lower back. She is super lethargic. Is this herxing? I also have really sore legs, and lower back the last week. I am exhausted and can't get off the couch. I also saw a rash on my back that looks like the bartonella rash. How come we both feel this way I wonder. I thought perhaps it was the antibiotics for her, but why me??? Very odd. I put a call into Dr. Jones, but was just wondering.....

My daughters and I all had increased pain with our treatment. Our LLMD recommends a heating pad with herx pain. We used this a lot and it helped. Also, epsom salt bath soaks (a warm or hot bath with 2 cups or so salts poured in). We also take ibuprofen and benadryl to help with herxing.

Susan

Yes, this definitely sounds like a herx. What are you doing for detox? We have my son take bentonite clay and a few other things our DAN doc recommended. Also, make sure she is drinking LOTS of water - adding a lemon to it is supposed to help with detox as well. Our DAN doc also says its important to exercise every day - even just a 15 minute walk is good, although I know that can be hard when she's hurting. We also do the epsom salts baths.

Definitely sounds like a herx to me! For the soreness try Epsom Salt baths, a heated blanket, & a "comfort bag". They're these cloth bags filled with rice, flax, or grains that carry heat (or cold) like nobody's business, can be wrapped around your neck, & are a whole lot more portable than blankets!