ACN Latitudes Forums

success stories...is it possible to post a link at top

I was wondering if it is at all possible to maybe start a thread/topic where people who have had long term improvement could post their success story and what helped them......i feel like it might help especially being new to all of this...my head spins daily! but, it seems like there are so many people who have success then backslide???....i know if we got to the point where my daughter was better for longer terms i might not visit here as much....but, probably would on and off....and it might be nice to post a success where new people can view it at the top? does that make any sense....i know it always helps me to read where some of you have been and how far some have gotten.

I think this is a good idea! Being new here myself, I feel completely overwhelmed sometimes with all the information I am trying to find out and digest! Sometimes I just look for other "stories" to see what I could be in for, what others like us are dealing with, and ideas of what to do if we run into certain situations! This group has been fantastic and I think a thread such as one for success stories would be wonderful!

Tiffany

i know you asked for long-term success and this is our short term success i posted on the lyme board so just thought i'd share here. . . this is 2nd child with troubles, ds7 was diagnosed 2.5 years ago; ds9 had troubles in the fall, not severe but that made us think something was up - i remarked to dh, 'are we just waiting for him to fall apart before we bring him to dr?' i guess we were b/c about a week after i said that, he had more troubles. we see an integrative MD who treats with homeopathy.

just wanted to share and say thanks. . . ds9 just ended a great baseball season for him tonight. he pitched the last 2 innings and kept the lead -- allowing only 2 runs, getting a few strike outs and pulling off a good defensive play.

he had troublesome pandas symptoms in the fall -- getting up to pee at night, separation anxiety, 'bad thoughts' at night, knee and ankle pain, often stomach pains, high strep titers. late dec, diagnosed with strep, all TBI (well, the major ones discussed here), a few other viruses. did well initially with treatment. tanked in feb/march due to what i now think was mostly a bad reaction to a probiotic. this was the same time baseball practice started and he was having poor attention and cooperation, intense reactions to slight injuries, anxiety at coaches correcting him, poor endurance and shortness of breath with exertion. we weren't sure he was going to be able to play the season at all -- he loves baseball and this would have been very sad. this year is a step up into more serious play, but coach was helpful and supportive . ds said he wanted to be a part of the team as bat boy, which he did for first game. then spent a month or so in the outfield and last on batting line up. as his health was improving, he faced one game that 3 big fears occurred - getting hit with a pitch, had to steal a base, and faced a former teammate who is a great pitcher. last 6 weeks or so have been great -- he's back to being an aggressive player and stepped up to try pitching with great results.

thanks to all for help and support when he (and I) were struggling in the spring! still having some trouble with overreactions and dissappointments but hopeful we're on the right track.

he had troublesome pandas symptoms in the fall -- getting up to pee at night, separation anxiety, 'bad thoughts' at night, knee and ankle pain, often stomach pains, high strep titers.

[/i]

These are the exact symptoms I had a few years ago. I'm not sure if it's in your other thread but how old is he? And whom does he have Seperation Anxiety with?

These are the exact symptoms I had a few years ago. I'm not sure if it's in your other thread but how old is he? And whom does he have Seperation Anxiety with?

hi tico - i read your other post also. he is 9. if not that his younger brother has diagnosed pandas -- i now call pitand, multiple causes or mcis, multiple chronic infection syndrome -- his syptoms could easily have been written off as a phase, albeit troublesome but just an extreme phase or seen as having roots in that we are trying to move and homeschooling, so there is some upheaval there. his separation anxiety has been in the form of not being able to be by himself, such as on a level of the house by himself. my younger son presented with extreme separation anxiety from me and school phobia. now, he has issues with separating mainly focused on his brother.

I like the idea of a "Pinned Threads" success stories, also. It'd be great if a few of the "old-timers" would return to post and re-inspire both newbies and those of us whose upward climb has been a little more extended! :P