ACN Latitudes Forums

Twitches/tremors at night

My 6 y/o daughter has been waking at night and coming into my bed. I am having problems sleeping b/c she is moving so much with twitch like movements in her head, neck, arms & legs. Her PANDAS is mostly movement/tics. Any one else see this?

Yes. When my dd6 'is not doing well' she will come into our bed in the middle of the night - doesn't happen often, maybe 10-15% of the time- but when she is 'not doing well', yes, she is twitching and moving all around- not tremors, per say, but it appears she cannot control her body. I do give 1 mg. melatonin a night, which helps her fall right asleep (even when intrusive thoughts start) and most of the time, she sleeps through in her own bed. And when we look in on her, she is still, not having these movements while she sleeps.

yes...my daughter does at night....but, does not have tics/movements during the day....the doctors have all said this is normal, but i don't know if i agree..i have slept w/ both of my kids next to me and my pandas daughter clearly has more twitching all night ......(my son does twitch, too..so yes, it is normal, but my daughter does all night)

Hi - thank you for bring up the topic of twitching while sleeping. DD-9 just started with the bad thought OCD in early May 2011. Was giving her Kids Calm MultiVitamin w/ 250 mg magnesium, and after 2 weeks of being on it I noticed the twitching that happens ONLY while she's sleeping. Took her off of it, considerably less twitching, but still some. Nancy (Pandas Mom) recommended I get my girl checked for PANDAS; awaiting results. In the meantime, the bad thoughts are really ramped up; 1st therapy session in 1-1/2 weeks. Until then, just agony waiting to see if DD indeed has pandas. She had several ear infections until 2-yrs old, and never showed signs of strep. Before OCD came out, she was complaining alot about hurting around her nose, so it'll be interesting to see outcome. Thanks again for sharing.

my child twitches all ight long and never seemed 2 sleep. she actually got up and stood on her head in bed in the middle of the night 4 years. we r currently treating 4 bartonella. w/ bactrin and biaxin.

In past exacerbations, my daughter has stood on her head or was constantly hanging upside down. This behavior began to re-emerge in the last 1-2 days. Wondering if I did the wrong thing by not doing the lyme testing with Igenex. My daughter was positive on band 41 & 23 with Quest. I have all the orders and paperwork for Igenex.

My dd with PANDAS/Lyme/Bartonella twitches constantly at night. It was on the list of Lyme symptoms. I think its neurological.

I slept next to her last night at my sister's house, but do not think she had the movements that she had the other night. Also, she was positive on bands 41 & 23 on the Lyme testing from Quest and I have orders for testing from Igenex, but after meeting with my pediatrician and an infectious dis. doc at his request, we chose to accept it as a negative. Maybe I need to get that drawn. My daughter is also about to see endocrinology on Tues b/c she has developed hypothyroidism (also an autoimmune issue).

I definitely think it's neurological, that's why I'm thinking we should at least have some baseline neuro testing/imaging.

My 6 y/o daughter has been waking at night and coming into my bed. I am having problems sleeping b/c she is moving so much with twitch like movements in her head, neck, arms & legs. Her PANDAS is mostly movement/tics. Any one else see this?

This was one of our ds's 1st and most disturbing symptoms in the early days, when he was diagnosed with Sydenham's chorea. His limbs would twitch for hours every night, making it impossible for him (and either my wife or I, depending on whose night it was) to fall asleep. For us, the local neuros were useless, unfortunately. MRI's were "unremarkable" and they just wanted to refer us to psychiatrists.

This symptom completely resolved with PANDAS treatment (IVIG, augmentin XR). Praying your dd gets relief soon!!!

My dd with PANDAS/Lyme/Bartonella twitches constantly at night. It was on the list of Lyme symptoms. I think its neurological.

I slept next to her last night at my sister's house, but do not think she had the movements that she had the other night. Also, she was positive on bands 41 & 23 on the Lyme testing from Quest and I have orders for testing from Igenex, but after meeting with my pediatrician and an infectious dis. doc at his request, we chose to accept it as a negative. Maybe I need to get that drawn. My daughter is also about to see endocrinology on Tues b/c she has developed hypothyroidism (also an autoimmune issue).

I definitely think it's neurological, that's why I'm thinking we should at least have some baseline neuro testing/imaging.

Amy, you probably already realize it but as an ILADS member/practitioner, I would consider that test a positive. Bands 23 and 41 are double star Lyme specific bands as per Igenix standards and LLMD/LLCP standards. 41 is controversial being its a flagellin protein reactant but 23 def comes ONLY from the spirochete.

We had same issues in DS then 7, did multiple neuro, ortho, CNS, spinal, whole body radionuclear scans, CT scans u name it.NO definitive answers.Left quad started to atrophy, couldnt walk up and down stairs or sit on the floor, muscle spasms, screaming pain. Physical therapy not much help.

Finally diagnosed as Bartonella, (PANDAS too)and all symptoms resolved after 4 months of RX. After two years of suffering that is.

Exploring chiropractic intervention for rebalancing the pelvic musculature and bone structure at present with great success.

I would highly recommend you see a good LLMD/LLCP.

Jodie