ACN Latitudes Forums

Do you have a service animal ?

Dear Julie,

I'm writing to you because I'm working on a new television series about psychiatric service animals. Service dogs are now being used as a successful strategy to help curb OCD behaviors. I wanted to reach out to you to see if anyone in your organization or support group might be interested in the project.

We are in the process of casting for people that either already have a service animal or are interested in getting one to help with a mental health issue. If anyone is interested in learning more, please have them contact me at jmolli@redmarblemedia.net or 646-536-2572.

Thank you,

Jessamine Molli

Red Marble Media

436 W. 45th St., 2nd Floor

New York, NY 10036

O: 646.536.2572

F: 646.496.9131

How, exactly, does a service animal help with OCD?

I've seen in our house how having a pet can provide some opportunity for ERP, especially in confronting contamination. But I'm thinking there must be something more to it for service animals to actually be trained along these lines.

Do you have a link or a video or something for more information along these lines?

Thanks!

No, only this email that was sent to the lady that is the head of my Pandas group. Which is Julie. I have no clue how an animal would help with contamination, but I am excited to learn more about it. I can't wait for the show to air. I'm tempted to email and ask how much a service animal would cost...

No, only this email that was sent to the lady that is the head of my Pandas group. Which is Julie. I have no clue how an animal would help with contamination, but I am excited to learn more about it. I can't wait for the show to air. I'm tempted to email and ask how much a service animal would cost...

Email sent with specific questions about contamination. I will share when I get a response.

Here is the response:

HI Jodi,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am actually casting a show about people who want to get a Psychiatric Service Animal so I know a little but am definitely not an expert on the topic. I can direct you to a few sites that can probably answer your questions better.

http://www.psychdog.org/faq.html

http://www.deltasociety.org/Page.aspx?pid=304

If you are interested in participating in the show, please let me know. The series is for Animal Planet and we are still looking to cast some episodes later down the line.

Thank you!

Jessamine Molli

Red Marble Media

436 W. 45th St., 2nd Floor

New York, NY 10036

O: 646.536.2572

F: 646.496.9131