ACN Latitudes Forums

My 9year old daughter needs help

I need help for my daughter :) shes nine years old we have seen a psychiatrist three times and she changed her med. each time...she is now on Zoloft 50Mg. That has helped the anxiety attacks...but the OCD ritual is still there! :D She stress's over her cloths not being "just right" mainley her underwear... it has to go in the dryer to get tighter (belive me they fit snug) and I dont think the dryer helps but she cant see that... has anyone else seen this or can help me to understand it? Shirley pelicanfun@aol.com

Hi Shirley,

I'm new here, my daughter has OCD too and she's six years old. She's not currently on medications, but she's receiving CBT from a pediatric psychologist for the compulsions and obsessions. Is your daughter receiving CBT in addition to her medications? CBT is very difficult (at least for us), but the therapy really helps my daughter to overcome the compulsions.

Shelly (NY)

• 1 month later...

I need help for my daughter  :huh: shes nine years old we have seen a psychiatrist three times and she changed her med. each time...she is now on Zoloft 50Mg. That has helped the anxiety attacks...but the OCD ritual is still there! :wub:  She stress's over her cloths not being "just right" mainley her underwear... it has to go in the dryer to get tighter (belive me they fit snug) and I dont think the dryer helps but she cant see that... has anyone else seen this or can help me to understand it? Shirley pelicanfun@aol.com

9220[/snapback]

Follow this link! :) Bottom post