ACN Latitudes Forums

Ankles

went to the podiatirst yesterday since my girl has suffered from sore ankles for ever. took her years ago...but of course they said she was fine. anyway...the podiatrist asked if she had any infections. i said yes, bartonella and he looked shocked. i asked why and he said the ankle pain could very well be caused by this infection. i have read that somewhere, but i was not going to bring it up, since it seems whenever i mention my girls severe psychiatrid troubles being caused a tic, everyone looks at me strangely. i am so glad he said this. i like him already.

Glad you like your doc! I have ankle pain right now and it's making me mad. Luckily I don't have it all the time but it does come and go. I hope your daughter's pain gets better and better with treatment.

Susan

I've had two foot surgeries in the past few years -- one for plantar fasciitis and one for a bone spur in my heel -- and I still have foot pain. Now I think it may be Bartonella. I also have history of retina problems and i have recently found rashes closely resembling Bartonella. Depending how my next set of Babesia tests come back (first set came back borderline), I think it may be time to switch abx for Bartonella.

I've had two foot surgeries in the past few years -- one for plantar fasciitis and one for a bone spur in my heel -- and I still have foot pain. Now I think it may be Bartonella. I also have history of retina problems and i have recently found rashes closely resembling Bartonella. Depending how my next set of Babesia tests come back (first set came back borderline), I think it may be time to switch abx for Bartonella.

My test results were negative but I'm being treated based on symtoms and exposure. I know we are on the right track based on how I felt after starting each antibiotic. After starting Doxy, my heels and ankles felt much better. After starting Rifampin, MUCH worse again. Adding in Flagyl, they are better again. It wouldn't be so obvious a change when starting the different antibiotics if it had nothing to do with Lyme and Bartonella. My brain was the first thing to clear up. I can think straight again and my head doesn't feel all foggy all the time.

My test results were negative but I'm being treated based on symtoms and exposure. I know we are on the right track based on how I felt after starting each antibiotic. After starting Doxy, my heels and ankles felt much better. After starting Rifampin, MUCH worse again. Adding in Flagyl, they are better again. It wouldn't be so obvious a change when starting the different antibiotics if it had nothing to do with Lyme and Bartonella. My brain was the first thing to clear up. I can think straight again and my head doesn't feel all foggy all the time.

I was just the same way. My brain came back first. It was so great! I still get brain fog with herxing but it's so much better. My heals and bottoms of my feet stopped hurting pretty quickly too. I didn't test for bartonella but LLMD thought I probably have it.

Susan

Momaine.Flagyl helps with the gut, right?

I think I have read that, but I'm not sure. I took it for two days and on the day following my last dose, I got a stomach ache that lasted several days. I also had extremem fatigue and lots of nerve pain. Not sure if the stomach ache was part of a herx (not typical, I'm told) or what. I ended up having to go off all meds for 24 hours to get my stomach right again. Now I'm adding the drugs back in one at a time again. I hate this....argggg..