ACN Latitudes Forums

Nystatin

I'm starting Nystatin today. Is it safe to take this at the same time that I take my antibiotics? Do I need to be on probiotics as well or is the Nystatin enough?

You need a probiotic as well to restore the good flora to your gut. This just helps with yeast in the gut, from what I understand. It also does not prevent vaginal yeast. Diflucan does, if you need it. Sugar feeds yeast, so you want to avoid it if you can. Neither my LLMD or my dd's LLMD or our pharmacist mentioned that you could not take it with antibiotics, so I think its fine. I hope so because I take it with mine.

Thanks!

How many do you take? I'm supposed to do 2 at a time 4 times a day this week; 4 pills 4x's a day next week and then 4 pills once a day. Seems like a lot.

Do you herx on them?

Yeah I know avoid sugar <_< and gluten and dairy and fruit....What is there left to eat???? :wacko:

Edited by ShaesMom

Nystatin can be taken with antibiotics. Aidan has been on it for a while.

But do not take probiotics with antibiotics as the antibiotics will kill the good bacteria in the probiotics.

We have also have had it suggested by our LLMD to take sacch boulardii as it is a good kind of yeast which will crowd out the bad but the Nystatin will kill sacch boulardii so we have not started it. There is bit of sacch boulardii in Aidan's probiotic.

I debate if we should keep Aidan on the Nystatin or go to something else.

Edited by aidan'smom