ACN Latitudes Forums

antibody igg/igm?

this is the test they gave my daughter...it came back negative. 2 years ago she did have a bulls eye rash that was treated within the first month with just antibiotics (but, just a normal amount...about 10 days worth). What type of test is this and what other tests would any of you recommend? (no problems until march of this year after strep...diagnosed with pandas).

this is the test they gave my daughter...it came back negative. 2 years ago she did have a bulls eye rash that was treated within the first month with just antibiotics (but, just a normal amount...about 10 days worth). What type of test is this and what other tests would any of you recommend? (no problems until march of this year after strep...diagnosed with pandas).

Who ordered the test for you and where was it done? Do you have a copy?

I'm going to assume your local Doc ordered and likely followed the CDC's standards for dx which are greatly flawed and a false negative is very likely.

It is best to have the WB done thru IgeneX-they specialize in tic borne illnesses.

michigan pandas-

that is the screening test. If that is positive, the lab/doc would follow up with a western blot.

Llmd's will not use these test, most will use Igenex (although I have heard of two VERY reputable llmd's who do NOT use Igenex anymore...).

It will be impossible to rule out lyme in your dd's case (IMHO). What you are going to have to do is see what works for her. My kids are "classic" pandas after strep. But, both had some bands positive on Igenex. We have tried treating for lyme, which has done nothing whatsoever (good or bad). While I am being careful discounting lyme, I have to think that it is not really their problem. We are able to have an maintain remissions until illness. Lyme is harder (for me) than pandas- I am not dissuading you go down this path, I just think it is important to be prepared....

thanks for the info...i really appreciate it....i keep seeing things on this board like "positive for band..." or bartollona (?) and I had know idea there was more than just positive or negative lyme.....

Her doctor has refused many times to do the lyme test b/c of the false negative....but, then after she did a complete change of everything about her (due to the strep/pandas starting in march) the infectious disease doctor at a hospital ordered the test.

is the WB done thru IgeneX something that i could have her infectious disease doctor have ordered?