ACN Latitudes Forums

Reaction to Melatonin?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced a worsening of symptoms the day following taking Melatonin? I've been giving my ds4 Melatonin to sleep sporadically and it appears (though, I may be imagining it!) that he's more hyped and aggressive the next day. ????

thanks!

darlene

While we never experienced this our doctor did tell us that it can cause mood problems in some kids (particularly kids who are prone to mood dysregulation)..

I'm glad you mentioned this. I have noticed the mood change next morning. It wears off by afternoon but I don't like what it does to my son. I have had to use it though because son has final exams.

My dd is more agitated the next day when using it. That's why I prefer the liquid, so you can control the amount given. But even so, I only give it to her when I really have too. It's been less frequent since lyme treatment.

For myself, I use the sublingual tablets, and found it to be very helpful.

some people simply cannot handle the high doses of melatonin and are better taking it in MICROgram doses rather than miligrams

we found 300-600 MICROgrams beneficial whereas anything higher brought the restlessness and next day edgy & spaciness