ACN Latitudes Forums

Whar are two Abx. used for Bartonella?

That could have been herxing. Rifampin crosses the BBB very quickly. I notice my DD has much more herxing with Rifampin than she did the other abx, but I am seeing that as a good sign. I know I have to be patient. It may take 6 mos to see her anxiety and OCD decline. I already notice she is much more capable of managing it now, which is great! I am really trying to focus on detoxing now.

My son is taking minocycline and rifampin. Herxing has calmed down 2 months in. I also have to keep reminding myself its going to be about 6 months. His stretch mark rash has grown and gotten wider in size so I know we have bart on the run...

My children were taking rifampin, omnicef and azith to treat bartonella and strep. I wasn't seeing any benefit at all. We recently switched to rifampin and cipro. I am seeing herxing, alot of OCD things that were gone are now back. It's so hard to deal with... Im not dealing too well but I hope it's a good sign.

After months of other drugs, we are finally seeing success with Rifampin and Tetracycline. Remember, Rifampin should be taken one hour before eating or two hours after. We missed that little detail the first month and I don't think it was being absorbed very well! Much improvement in rash and temperment...

Cobbie

Darn, our compounding pharmacist neglected to put a sticker on our Rifampin pill bottle. Thank you for mentioning this important detail! I have been giving it to DD with meals for ~ 6 weeks now.

After months of other drugs, we are finally seeing success with Rifampin and Tetracycline. Remember, Rifampin should be taken one hour before eating or two hours after. We missed that little detail the first month and I don't think it was being absorbed very well! Much improvement in rash and temperment...

Cobbie