ACN Latitudes Forums

I think I have Lyme , like my girl.

I am really thinking that I have Lyme too, as I am trying to get my girl better. I get so sick about every 3 months, where I can not get off the couch. Otherwise I a very active. But it hits every once in awhile, and my legs and body are so tired that I can not more, literally.

When I was a kid, I always had really achy ankles and legs. I had a racing brain, and I as super agitated. I could not stand to be around people that chewed too loud etc...Everything bothered me. The way they looked. I was just a wreck. I hated my skinny arms and wore winter coats in the summer. It goes on and on. I also can not thing straight, and it is getting worse. I just thought it was the aging process. Anyway...I want to do the Igenix test and Cam Kinase. Would I jut order them and bring them to my doctor to have him write a prescripition? Could my psychirtrist write the Rx?

I am really thinking that I have Lyme too, as I am trying to get my girl better. I get so sick about every 3 months, where I can not get off the couch. Otherwise I a very active. But it hits every once in awhile, and my legs and body are so tired that I can not more, literally.

When I was a kid, I always had really achy ankles and legs. I had a racing brain, and I as super agitated. I could not stand to be around people that chewed too loud etc...Everything bothered me. The way they looked. I was just a wreck. I hated my skinny arms and wore winter coats in the summer. It goes on and on. I also can not thing straight, and it is getting worse. I just thought it was the aging process. Anyway...I want to do the Igenix test and Cam Kinase. Would I jut order them and bring them to my doctor to have him write a prescripition? Could my psychirtrist write the Rx?

Wilma,

I would think that Dr. B in CT could order the Igenex testing for you, or at the very least he could order the same test that he did on your child. I would not bother with the Cam-K as it does not prove that you do or don't have lyme.

Any dr can order igenex but the cd 57 test from labcorp is a good place to start. I would not test w igenex until u have done a challenge either w herbs or antibiotics so u get the most positive result u have.

The CamKinase really is not available these days anyway. The CD57 and IGeneX western blot are both good tests. The CD57 I still think is best done from LabCorp and with insurance is very inexpensive, which makes it really an excellent place to give you some idea what's going on. Likely a doctor will want a western blot before treating. Like lymemom said, any dr can Rx the tests--the question is more whether the doctor will be willing to Rx the test. IGeneX has their own order form you would want to print out and bring to your doctor to sign.

The CD57 does not test for co-infections though, right?

Right but it can indicate if Lyme is the problem or more likely a confection, ie. A high score would make them suspect a confection is the problem and a low score indicates Lyme is active. Insurance covers it and it's very helpful to have a baseline for future comparison.

Edited by lyme mom

It seems like I'm the only one but my insurance did not cover it. They said it was an experimental test. I decided not to fight it because overall our coverage has been good so far. Bummer though...I did want to run it again to compare.

You can also have a low score and still have a co-infection.

Right but it can indicate if Lyme is the problem or more likely a confection, ie. A high score would make them suspect a confection is the problem and a low score indicates Lyme is active. Insurance covers it and it's very helpful to have a baseline for future comparison.

When I was a kid, I always had really achy ankles and legs. I had a racing brain, and I as super agitated. I could not stand to be around people that chewed too loud etc...Everything bothered me. The way they looked. I was just a wreck. I hated my skinny arms and wore winter coats in the summer. It goes on and on. I also can not thing straight, and it is getting worse. I just thought it was the aging process.

Sounds likely to me based off my experience that you do have lyme. When you take your daughter to the LLMD, certainly ask them about it. Getting myself tested and starting treatment has been a life changing step.

Our chiropractor ordered our Igenex tests for us.

Susan

You can also have a low score and still have a co-infection.

Yes that is true! They are starting to question the use of the cd57 according to my doctor. Anything to limit our treatment of lyme...

I ordered it from Igenex and I think it was < $200. Not sure, because it was bundled with some other tests. Maybe that's cheaper than labcorp.

It seems like I'm the only one but my insurance did not cover it. They said it was an experimental test. I decided not to fight it because overall our coverage has been good so far. Bummer though...I did want to run it again to compare.