ACN Latitudes Forums

OCD is killing me

I have started my IT business in the age of 23 itself(now my age is 28), and made a moderate fortune. But OCD started at the same time, now I have good business ideas and for that I have to sit and do programming.

I know when I complete this programming, It will be huge finanical hit and which will support my family. BUT my problem is I can't concentrate or start the work. For nearly 2 months I am not doing anything useful.

Like most of the OCD patients, I have other similar problems, like counting, washing hands, checking the rear mirror often when driving, Obsessive sexual taughts, afraid of getting infected and so on.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks,

Jim

• 10 months later...

Hmm, i dont know if the lact of work motivation is actually OCD but if you really think it is, the best thing you can do is resist all the other Obessions like washing hands. In my experince with treating my own OCD and OCPD, ive found that as soon as you treat the diffrent symptoms, every symptom will slowing weaken off until it is not even a thought or worry.

Have you been diagnosed with depression? The lack of energy/motivation may be attributed to deprresion.

Good Luck