ACN Latitudes Forums

Internal tics?

Can tics be internal? Can it be possible to have a "spitting up" tic? Like when a kid eats, the sensory stuff happens and causes a tic that makes the stomach and/or esophagus contract and "spit up" food into mouth?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Chemar.....how did you determine they were tics and not GERD or something like that? We are in the midst of trying to figure out what is going on with my son as far as this spitting up thing goes.

my son felt they were tics. he did seem able to articulate what was a tic and what was something else bothering him so we accepted it as such. Those were not the only "internal" tics he experienced...as Michael said, the person with tics can feel them and knows what they are

Thanks.......problem is, I don't think my son can atriculate what a tic is. He was never a big ticcer....most tics occurred when he was 4.....very mild and intermittent ones since then. He is now 8. I asked him....he kinda explained what I thought seemed like a tic. He said he gets this weird feeling in his throat and then he spits up. Once he almost did it when brushing his teeth but he told me he was able to "keep it down." Sounds like a tic...doesn't it. Gastro wants to do a endoscopy next.....ugh...I hate to test if it is just a tic.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just thought I'd include my experience. This sounds like my son. His tics are the most intense when he eats. It's hard to get through a meal. He has actually spat food out of his mouth because of the "bad" feeling. Brushing his teeth is also difficult because he feels like there is something in his throat. He does try to "get it out" and it just looks like he is going to throw up. I guess it's a tic??

Nola

I've never heard of tics definition being limited in that way to just voluntary control muscles. Anyone else?

Me neither Michael and from experience with my son I can say that it is not limited to only voluntary muscles at all!!