ACN Latitudes Forums

Question for yeast from Antibiotics

I'm a mother of DS 14 y.o and he has PANDAS from 4 y.o but has been diagnosed 1 year ago.

We are 1 year in Antibiotics Augmentin 500 mg daily and we have make 9 IVIG.

The improvement it was very good except a month ago that we had a new autoimmune inflammation

and our doctor suggest for 2 weeks abx 2000 mg daily.

My question is this, i don't give him anti-fungal and i think the YEAST has been overgrowth.

My doctor doesn't want to give anti-fungal because of die-off, what are you doing in same cases?

Thanks for your support

Maria

Maria -

My PANDAS DS is also 14, and he's been on 2,000 mg. of Augmentin XR almost constantly for the last 2 years; we've occasionally tried stepping the dosage down, but the longest he's ever been off entirely was 2 weeks.

Anyway, we don't seem to have any yeast problems. I credit a couple of interventions for that. Firstly, he gets saccharomyces boulardii ("sach b" or "s boulardii") daily; this is a probiotic that is a "good yeast" which basically populates the gut and makes it less hospitable for the overgrowth of "bad yeast" like candida. He also gets quite a few other probiotics that help repopulate his gut with good organisms.

The second thing, which takes care of any die-off, is bentonite clay. Sometime we use it only a couple of times per week, sometimes we use it less than that. But it can be mixed in juice and helps sweep the die-off out of the gut.