ACN Latitudes Forums

SSRI's & Teen Suicide movie

I finished watching the whole thing. It's about a lot more than teen suicide. Eye opening & heartbreaking!

Yes, I watched it entirely. Gut-wrenching...it makes me so mad/sad! I'm so grateful for the wealth of information (to decipher) that I receive from this forum. To imagine getting a diagnosis in less than 15 minutes...yet, it happens everyday!

When my dd first started having problems in school before the PANDAS dx we filled out one of those forms they are talking about from the school. So did her teacher & the school Psychatrist. Soooo glad we didn't end up going that route. Just reaffirms my decision to keep her off of SSRIs.

This film made my blood boil! We've gone from health care being about getting people well to it being all about profit. I know these drugs do help some people, but doctors have become so casual about handing them out and pharmaceutical companies are pushing, pushing, pushing them. I saw a drug rep in our LLMD's office a few months ago when we were there late. Of course the rep was a pretty young woman, very vivacious, and she brought chocolate and other goodies for the office staff. I think I saw Seroquel in her bag - some kind of psych med. Anyway, it made me sick. I know our doctor is very careful in prescribing these things, only doing it when its absolutely necessary to hold things together while treating the underlying infection, but I don't think the vast majority of doctors take that approach. They just throw psych meds at kids and consider that a solution, without warning the parents about what could happen.

Anyway, pardon my rant. Thanks for sharing this.

Edited by mama2alex