ACN Latitudes Forums

Coinfections test and CD57 Back

Just got Igenex panels back for DS9.

CD57 Absolute Count was 43 (low is < 40; 40 to 98 is borderline; <98 is normal)

CD57 as % of lymphocytes was 1.15 (< 2.26 is low; 2.26 to 4.65 Borderline; > 4.65 is normal)

All else was normal except for Bartonella henselae IgG of 160, which "may or may not indicate active infection" according to Igenex. Other Igenex Bartonella tests (IgM, FISH, etc) were negative).

A previous *screen* (not titre) for B. henselae was negative in December from Labcorp or Quest, not Igenex.

So...any comments??

So, I think LLMD is going to treat for Bartonella -- we are going to talk about it at appt next week. If anyone has experience, I'd love to hear what the meds are and how people respond to them both side effects and in getting rid of bartonella. Is Bactrim the drug of choice? Anyone know how much it costs without insurance?

Thanks!

I would agree treat the bartonella at least. Our doctor used a combination of zyth/omnicef with herbs samento and cumanda for lyme and bartonella. Some doctors use bactrim or rifampin. What about the Igenex western blot? What if any bands were reactive?

Kim

Edited by momofgirls

Sorry -- forgot to add that in. It was done earlier.

41 and 58 were positive,31 was IND. But, he tested positive for lyme with the urine antigen dot blot, so we already know we're on that path.

Right now on zith and amoxicillin -- not sure what's coming next.

I would agree treat the bartonella at least. Our doctor used a combination of zyth/omnicef with herbs samento and cumanda for lyme and bartonella. Some doctors use bactrim or rifampin. What about the Igenex western blot? What if any bands were reactive?

Kim

Bactrim is very cheap. About $8/mo or less. If you have a pharmacy that offers free antibiotics (usually they mean amoxicillin, not the expensive ones), bactrim is also included. Also, call your local costco pharmacy. My DS is on liquid omnicef (liquid is always way more expensive - and we haven't yet met our high deductible). It was about $100 less at costco. The zith was also much cheaper. Even if you have to pay $50/yr for membership, you can save significant money.

Thanks! Never thought about Costco. I'll give them a try.

Bactrim is very cheap. About $8/mo or less. If you have a pharmacy that offers free antibiotics (usually they mean amoxicillin, not the expensive ones), bactrim is also included. Also, call your local costco pharmacy. My DS is on liquid omnicef (liquid is always way more expensive - and we haven't yet met our high deductible). It was about $100 less at costco. The zith was also much cheaper. Even if you have to pay $50/yr for membership, you can save significant money.

Ifran- I could be wrong, but I think it's difficult to get a positive test result for Bartonella...so if you have a test showing an indeterminate, I would suggest moving forward with treatment. My daughter(9) first tested negative for Bartonella thru Igenex (but positive Bb). We then took her to Dr. J and he uses a different lab (Specialty) to test for Bart. She's tested positive three times since September. She also continues to test positive for RMSF thru Quest (number has gone down, though) and positive for Bb thru Igenex.

She is on daily zith, amox, minocin, & tindamax on weekends. We just tried to increase the minocin, but she was unable to handle it so we reduced it back down to original dose.

Edited by philamom

My dd is about 16 weeks into lyme/bartonella treatment. I am 5 weeks into treatment for the same thing. We have different doctors and different drugs but both choices can work to eradicate the infections.

Dd is on Azith, Augmentin, Minocin, and Tindamax on weekends.

I just switched from Doxy to Minocin due to sun issues. I'm adding Rifampin in a couple days and in two weeks I'm adding Flagyl. I'm allergic to Augmentin and other penicillian drugs. The Augmentin caused a hellofaherx before I discontinued it though.

good luck