ACN Latitudes Forums

EXCRUCIATING hip pain

These past few days I've been noticing a lot of joint pain, but only in my joints that don't normally hurt. Elbows, wrists, knees, etc... Just that slow, dull, constant radiating kinda pain. I didn't think much of it cos it didn't touch my shoulders or my hips, which are my two biggest problem areas.

Well, lo & behold. I was up until 12:30 last night working on a project. When I woke up this morning at 5:30, it wasn't because of my alarm but because my hips hurt so. Freaking. Bad. It's not anything dull, it's sharp, on BOTH sides, & towards the back of each hip. Almost near the buttock. It's to the point where I can hardly walk. Never in my life have I ever once felt a pain this bad & I have no idea what this is about.

I wondered why my shoulders were okay & decided to touch them (which is normally all kinds of off limits) only to discover that they were just as bad. Only when touched though.

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice? Please. SOS.

The only thing I've had that sounds similar is when my lyme was triggered it started with horrible pain in my neck, shoulder and arm. The only thing that helped me through it was constant ice and lots of pain medication. I didn't know about lyme then though.

I assume this is a herx, do you agree? Our LLMD recommends constant heating pad and rest and pain meds.

I am so sorry this has happened! You are going through the wringer with this $%^&*# lyme.

Susan

I feel for ya! The majority of my pain settles in my hips and lower back. Sometimes I have a really difficult time getting up & walking. I take a muscle relaxer at bedtime which helps with the pain & helps me sleep. I also use a lot of Aspercreme & take a nightly bath.

Is the pain shooting down the back of your legs? This would be sciatic nerve pain. If it is located more on the outside of your hips it would likely be bursitis in the hip joints.

All of my inflammation seems to settle in the trigger points that are associated with Fibromyalgia. It sounds like your pain is very similar. Massage is really helpful if you can tolerate it. Another thing you can do is press on the sore spot where it hurts the most (it's not pleasant) for as long as you can stand it and try to "release" the tension. Drinking a lot of water helps too but I know you already know this.

Have you done any research on myofascial pain? You can have a professional massage therapist work on it for you but I used to leave with bruises. I always felt better though after a couple of treatments.