ACN Latitudes Forums

Wow, learned my lesson about too much probiotic.

Tough call. I went with mommy instinct...it could have been die-off. We had the packets and never even came close to the amount we were suppose to give per doctor. I am now giving 300 billion cfu daily with different probiotics. I plan to add another to the mix next week.

Edited by philamom

Tough call. I went with mommy instinct...it could have been die-off. We had the packets and never even came close to the amount we were suppose to give per doctor. I am now giving 300 billion cfu daily with different probiotics. I plan to add another to the mix next week.

Could you share the brand your using? I may go back to theralac but its only 30bil per pill and very expensive for just thirty days

One thing you can do is run stool samples via Metametrix. Check to see what good bacteria he does have in his gut. If its very low... you'll want to set out to repopulate the gut with good stuff and possibly higher dose probiotics. BUT, like everything the temporary negative 'increase in TICS' might mean its the very thing your son needs. Remember you are really upsetting the intestinal track balance with good stuff, the bad stuff doesn't want to leave without a fight hence 'die-off' = more symptoms.

We had a lot of hand holding by our nutritionist as we moved up in probiotic dosage and also worked through some negative symptoms with her guidance.

-Wendy

Could you share the brand your using? I may go back to theralac but its only 30bil per pill and very expensive for just thirty days

Klaire Ther-Biotic Detox Support, Florastor/Florastor for kids, Culturelle/Culturelle for kids, integrative Probiotic Pearls, Custom Probiotics. All expensive (sigh).

One thing you can do is run stool samples via Metametrix. Check to see what good bacteria he does have in his gut. If its very low... you'll want to set out to repopulate the gut with good stuff and possibly higher dose probiotics. BUT, like everything the temporary negative 'increase in TICS' might mean its the very thing your son needs. Remember you are really upsetting the intestinal track balance with good stuff, the bad stuff doesn't want to leave without a fight hence 'die-off' = more symptoms.

We had a lot of hand holding by our nutritionist as we moved up in probiotic dosage and also worked through some negative symptoms with her guidance.

-Wendy

i have a question for you to ponder. Could the die off thing be true of the S. therm. also? it's not that it's bad..just die off.

example..my 2 younger pandas(in remission) have been eat go-gerts(frozen)(hot her in ga already). they are not exhibiting any pan/pits. The same was true for ds11 when he was not in episode. Well i've been working on this episode 2 years now. He wanted some and at this point i figure what the heck. so the last 3 days or so he's had some. his tics may be a little worse???? So, is it a bad reaction or die? And even if i let him have it every day for 2 months and the stayed at that same level..it could just be continuous die off right? It may take months, like lymes to correct. A gut in dibiosis can take years to fully correct, right?

any thoughts on that?

anyone with a perspective on this, i would like to hear it.

We just tried the VSL for the first time last week. Stuck with it for 4 days. It caused a lot of stomach discomfort in my DD11 (Lyme, Babesia and Bartonella dx) and extreme diarrhea in my DS13 (Lyme, Babesia and PANDAS dx). come to think of it, my son seemed to have a flare in PANDAS symptoms as well during the 4 days we used it. We stopped using it and changed to another brand.

I think probably it was a combination of die off and over stimulation of the immune system. I am going to start over, increase dosage with theralac. Then wait some time and introduce VLS3 more slowly, maybe one pill every other day and see what happens. If same reaction, I'll know it may be something in the VLS.