ACN Latitudes Forums

HLA MSH VIP Test results back

Julia,

Curious about niacinamide - have you started using it? Can you tell how effective it is? What are the pros/cons compared to ibuprofin or naproxen (aleve)? We seem to be struggling with quite a bit of inflammation-related issues (Pandas behaviors) likely triggered by too strong of a herx. Waiting on our own results for HLA, MSH et al. But need to discuss anti-inflammatories at our next LLMD appt in a few weeks and looking for input. Any help (from anyone in the peanut gallery)is very appreciated. (tumeric hasn't made any difference, aleve helps alot - just not enough).

Laura

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we did not need to fast. Just went in, gave our slip and had the blood drawn and left a urine sample.

I just went to labcorp to have these tests done (and the other "labcorp only" on Shoemaker's Mold Panel) and was told I needed to fast first. Same for everyone else? Also, they needed some of the liquids that are used for mixing the tests...so I have to wait until they get them. I'm glad I found out this info. before I brought my daughter in.

No, we did not need to fast. Just went in, gave our slip and had the blood drawn and left a urine sample.

I just went to labcorp to have these tests done (and the other "labcorp only" on Shoemaker's Mold Panel) and was told I needed to fast first. Same for everyone else? Also, they needed some of the liquids that are used for mixing the tests...so I have to wait until they get them. I'm glad I found out this info. before I brought my daughter in.

Ok...thanks. I'll have to call and see what test they feel needs fasting. My daughter does better with food in her stomach. Here are the tests checked off on the Shoemaker Physician Order Sheet:

HLA DR by PCR, VIP, MSH, ACTH, CRP, TGF-B1 ,MMP-9, PAl-1, Lipid with Phenotype, B-Type Natriuretic Peptide (BNP), C3a & C4a "jewish lab".

I just had a doctor sign off on the sheet with all the labcorps test marked. Is anyone running all of these tests?

Edited by philamom

I don't think we had all of those tests done but I will check and let you know. I know we did HLA, VIP, MSH and the C3a & C4a done. We also had a VEGF done.

Ok...thanks. I'll have to call and see what test they feel needs fasting. My daughter does better with food in her stomach. Here are the tests checked off on the Shoemaker Physician Order Sheet:

HLA DR by PCR, VIP, MSH, ACTH, CRP, TGF-B1 ,MMP-9, PAl-1, Lipid with Phenotype, B-Type Natriuretic Peptide (BNP), C3a & C4a "jewish lab".

I just had a doctor sign off on the sheet with all the labcorps test marked. Is anyone running all of these tests?

Julia,

Curious about niacinamide - have you started using it? Can you tell how effective it is? What are the pros/cons compared to ibuprofin or naproxen (aleve)? We seem to be struggling with quite a bit of inflammation-related issues (Pandas behaviors) likely triggered by too strong of a herx. Waiting on our own results for HLA, MSH et al. But need to discuss anti-inflammatories at our next LLMD appt in a few weeks and looking for input. Any help (from anyone in the peanut gallery)is very appreciated. (tumeric hasn't made any difference, aleve helps alot - just not enough).

Laura

Hi Laura. Sorry it took so long to reply, alot going on here right now! Still on niacinamide. Have not had time to research the side-effects, if any. He does have to take it with a meal. The affectiveness of it is really unseen. My ds was on curcumin for a long time before this for inflammation. Also taking salmon oil, which I believe helps with inflammation as well. It is supposed to be taken with his Chlorella. Not sure why exactly. He does seem to be holding steady with energy improvement, even after a flare-up, which he was only having about once a month while on Abx. Now he is off Abx so will be interesting to see if the flare-ups continue. We do use ibuprophen during flare-ups as well.

Treatment now focused on micotoxin/mold illness with a little bit of everything else thrown in (i.e., lyme, mico, thyroid etc.).

Hope this is not too late~!

My doctor is willing to order these for me, but we're having trouble with the diagnosis (ICD-9) codes. Some of the codes that Dr. Shoemaker has on the order sheet don't really apply to me. Did your doctor just go with those ICD-9 codes?

My doctor is willing to order these for me, but we're having trouble with the diagnosis (ICD-9) codes. Some of the codes that Dr. Shoemaker has on the order sheet don't really apply to me. Did your doctor just go with those ICD-9 codes?

My doctor didn't even look at the dx codes--he just signed the order sheet. I had already checked off all the tests from Lab Corp on there. Now I'm wondering if all of them is necessary. I'm taking my daughter for her blood draw next week.

I don't think we had all of those tests done but I will check and let you know. I know we did HLA, VIP, MSH and the C3a & C4a done. We also had a VEGF done.

Justine- did you notice if any of the other tests were ordered? Thanks!

We also had the following tests, besides the ones I listed earlier, done:

Urinalysis Gross Exam

ADH

MMP-9

T4

TSH

Antigliadin IgA and IgG

t-TG

Stachybotrys charter

Hope that helps!

We also had the following tests, besides the ones I listed earlier, done:

Urinalysis Gross Exam

ADH

MMP-9

T4

TSH

Antigliadin IgA and IgG

t-TG

Stachybotrys charter

Hope that helps!

Great. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is running any of the Shoemaker labs, you do NOT need to use the Futhan method. I printed instructions off his website for collection of the C3a & C34 for LabCorp (which says to use the futhan method). It was a huge 1 1/2 hour ordeal. When I got home I received an email from Surviving Mold website (emailed them last thursday for some guidance) saying not to use the Futhan method. arrgh! There is no way my daughter will ever step foot in labcorp again.

I'm so sorry that happened. What is the futhan method?

If anyone is running any of the Shoemaker labs, you do NOT need to use the Futhan method. I printed instructions off his website for collection of the C3a & C34 for LabCorp (which says to use the futhan method). It was a huge 1 1/2 hour ordeal. When I got home I received an email from Surviving Mold website (emailed them last thursday for some guidance) saying not to use the Futhan method. arrgh! There is no way my daughter will ever step foot in labcorp again.

On his website he has instructions for new procedure by LabCorp for C3a and C4a. A futhan collection kit is used and has to be added within a minute with a chilled tube (there is other instructions as well under specimen requirements). It took 10 days for labCorp to order the kit and two lab technicians to figure out all the different tests :o . Besides the shoemaker labs, we had a script to check vitamin, minerals, metals, and a script to re run some that Quest messed up on last month. They took over 15 tubes...more than they ever did on a child. My daughter had numbing cream on one arm only. They ran out of blood and had to switch to other arm. My daughter was crying a storm. But a far picture from this time last year, when we couldn't even get her to blood draws. She's a trooper!

Anyway, the company emailed me saying they are having quality control issues with the futhan method. It just needs to go to NJC (National Jewish). Which I'm not even certain that happened. :wacko:

Anyway, the company emailed me saying they are having quality control issues with the futhan method. It just needs to go to NJC (National Jewish). Which I'm not even certain that happened. :wacko:

FYI - just received bill from NJH for the C3a/C4a tests - $159 (~$80 each). You have to pay up front and try to get reimbursed by insurance. Your daughter is a trooper!