ACN Latitudes Forums

HLA MSH VIP Test results back

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Sorry if I'm hijacking but is Hopkington the only place to get VIP?

Also, where does one go to get the api-staph test? Apparently Cambridge no longer does it :(

Hopkinton Drugs is probably the only place to get VIP since the pharmacist there has a company make one of the ingredients. I only know this because insurance is not wanting to pay for it since it does not have a NDC # so I spoke with the pharmacist about it.

Not sure what an api-staph test is?

Hi,

Sorry if I'm hijacking but is Hopkington the only place to get VIP?

Also, where does one go to get the api-staph test? Apparently Cambridge no longer does it :(

Hopkinton Drugs is probably the only place to get VIP since the pharmacist there has a company make one of the ingredients. I only know this because insurance is not wanting to pay for it since it does not have a NDC # so I spoke with the pharmacist about it.

Not sure what an api-staph test is?

From what I understand it's a deep nasal culture that ties in somehow to the presence of Marcons. Apparently it is required before Hopkington will sell VIP (Per Dr. Shoemaker)

From what I understand it's a deep nasal culture that ties in somehow to the presence of Marcons. Apparently it is required before Hopkington will sell VIP (Per Dr. Shoemaker)

Son's ND requested the ENT to do the swab while son was getting T&A but it can be done while awake just really uncomfortable. Then ND prescribed BEG spray to treat. Confusing huh?!

Thanks for all the info. Julia! I'm so glad to hear your son is improving. Maybe I could keep the beg spray in a cool room vs. refrigeration and this would lessen the burning. I was wondering about getting an rx of bactroban too as I thought I read somewhere that this would help clear out staph in sinuses also.

I will def. look into dvd from Dr. S and also the mold issue/discuss with son's LLMD. My son's biggest thing is OCD and I'm currently reading a lot about repairing the myelin sheath w/various supplements. But, Dr. Shoemaker/mold investigation is next on the to do list.

Unfortunately, finances aren't the best with us right now so I'm really hoping we don't find mold, there is no way we could afford to remodel anything major right now. But, really no way to put a price on you child's health, so if we had to, I'm sure we would find a way to do it. We live in an old remodeled farmhouse that was built in 1860's so I'm guessing there could be mold issues here:( Plus, we have an old Michigan (cement/damp) basement that is super big/old yucky that I don't even know how we would attempt to fix if there are issues there, which I would have to think there are, yikes!