ACN Latitudes Forums

HLA MSH VIP Test results back

Had Dr. appt. yesterday to discuss these tests along with others. The C3a & C4a had not come back and I hear these are used for inflammatory markers.

It says:

HLA DR by PCR+MSH+VIP

VIP, Plasma : This was unreadably low (I read this means that inflammation develops in periphery (not the brain) and could result in inflammation that attacks production of of regulatory harmones - PCR+MSH+VIP)

MSH: LOW 11 (range per shoemaker 35-81 [labcorp says 0-40 but shoemaker does not agree])(also read that MaRCONS destroy this)

Then there are several DRB, DQBs (genetic markers?) that appear to show results. After doctor had a phone consult with Dr. Shoemaker I was told that some indicated Borrelia, post-lyme and not sure what else. Did not really understand this.

TSH was normal

Triiodothyronine, Free, Serum: 5.8 HIGH (range 2.3-5.0)

T4 was normal

TGF-b1: 9860 very high (normal is 2000)

After looking at all of this was told that my son has 'mold illness'. Treatment in addition to continuing BEG Spray (MARCONS) for 3 months, VIP spray also from Hopkinton Drug.

We talking about EMF's which increase mold growth and make it toxic. Cordless phones are as bad as a huge jet. :) Get wire phones at Radio Shack. EMF Curtains for bedroom (keeps cell tower EMF out).

An 'earthing pad' was recommended for better sleep (www.earthing.com). Have not looked into this yet. Very interesting concept.

Use Matrix microbes spray - you mix with water and put in spray bottle. Spray rooms that ds uses. It captures mold, bacteria etc.

Order and use 'propolis vaporizer' - Will use this upstairs (have air cleaner downstairs). It also gets rid of mold, bacteria etc. from the air. Also read that it can help with asthma sp? quite a lot.

Detox: Epsom salt baths every day; & Chlorella vulgaris

Antimicrobials: Venex ointment (sore muscles, inflammation on joints - this bee venom is amazing! $50 for small tube) used on ds sore knee and my swollen joint. Amazing results overnight;

and VIP nasal spray from Hopkinton Drug

Immune support: TriQuench applied topically to thyroid (still nebulizing every evening for lungs); & BRM 4 (do not know what this is)

Anti-inflammatory: Niacinamide

Kidney & adrenal support: Apis Homaccord; & Drenatropin PMG

Cardiovascular support: Hawthorne

Nutrient support: MILA (soak 1 scoop in water overnight); brazil nuts (selenium); Salmon oil; Vitamin D3

Continue using: cistus tea; quintessence; armous thyroid; lactoferrin; viressence; triquench; valtrex; supernatant; BEG spray; lithium; & CVE. Underlined ones are prescription.

Sorry so long. Dr. also said that a year ago they would not have been able to figure all of this out because the information is so new. We feel lucky so now if ds can only get healthy aagain! Hope some of this helps someone. :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this Julia. My daughter had the same panel run by her PANDAS doc who learned about it from Dr. K. My daughter's MSH, VIP, ADH were all low. From what I've been able to gather by reading going to Dr. K's last conference, the MSH is the most important and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a direct treatment for it besides treat the mold and lyme. At the conference, Dr. K did say something about using Myrrh to treat it, but I think it was more to treat the MARCONS which can set up shop when MSH is low. There was a very loud party going on in the room next to where the conference was being held, so I missed some things (got to hear some Bee Gee's though). Also, his handout said that adding propolis to the "cocktail" helps raise MSH. Is your son still on the cocktail and do you add propolis?

We have the propolis vaporizer. The smell is nice and hopefully it's doing what it's supposed to. The annoying thing about it is that when it's cycle is up and it's time to change the capsule, it beeps constantly until you change it. I lasts an uneven number of days (like 5 and some hours) so the time is never the same when it's going to run out.

Do you use the bee venom on the neck for CCSVI? That was discussed at the conference too. It sounded like he thought that pretty much all the lyme, ALS,and MS patients had it and all with autism too.

I am interested that they diagnosed mold illness without the C3a and C4a being back yet. Our doc thought that since my daughter's C4a was normal, then there was not a mold issue. Our doc is definitely still learning this stuff though. Sounds like yours is too since they called Dr. S.

We have the earthing sheet. I didn't notice a difference in sleep for myself or my daughter, but I do know that it lowers body voltage significantly which is good.

So, if you have any insight on how to get that MSH up, I would love to hear it.

Edited by susie

Hi Julia,

Wow, where did you get all this info? Also, did they prescribe cholestyramine for detox?

A lot of this information was from Dr. Shoemakers book (Surviving Mold), some from the doctor, and some from researching on-line. DS was not prescribed cholestyramine. Apparently, dr. said a lot of patients had not had good reactions to it???

Just hope that this all does some good. Also in Shoemakers book there is a list of things to do for mold illness in order he lists them. Will try to post these tomorrow.

My son and I both had the mold panel done and even though our numbers looked like mold toxicity, our LLMD did not confirm it until the C3a and C4a were back. I believe these inflammation markers indicate bacteria (C3a) and mold (C4a).

Our LLMD, after discussing with Dr's K & S. suggested either Cholestyramine, clay or chlorella (20 pills daily). We are going with the clay and hoping it isn't too gritty tasting. :(

I am interested that they diagnosed mold illness without the C3a and C4a being back yet. Our doc thought that since my daughter's C4a was normal, then there was not a mold issue. Our doc is definitely still learning this stuff though. Sounds like yours is too since they called Dr. S.

Edited by justinekno

I have had chronically low MSH for 4 years now. Once I started taking VIP, made at Hopkington Drug in MA, it was the first time that my MSH rose significantly. Not only did my MSH rise, but my health improved right along with it.

Thanks for sharing that.

My daughter's doctor plans to prescribe the VIP nasal spray. Were you tested for MARCONS before the VIP spray was prescribed? Dr. K's nurse did a presentation at his conference and mentioned that you shouldn't do the VIP spray if you have MARCONS. No explanation as to why though.

So you weren't doing anything else different at the same time (like cholestyramine or mold remediation)?

Thanks for posting this Julia. My daughter had the same panel run by her PANDAS doc who learned about it from Dr. K. My daughter's MSH, VIP, ADH were all low. From what I've been able to gather by reading going to Dr. K's last conference, the MSH is the most important and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a direct treatment for it besides treat the mold and lyme. At the conference, Dr. K did say something about using Myrrh to treat it, but I think it was more to treat the MARCONS which can set up shop when MSH is low. There was a very loud party going on in the room next to where the conference was being held, so I missed some things (got to hear some Bee Gee's though). Also, his handout said that adding propolis to the "cocktail" helps raise MSH. Is your son still on the cocktail and do you add propolis?

We have the propolis vaporizer. The smell is nice and hopefully it's doing what it's supposed to. The annoying thing about it is that when it's cycle is up and it's time to change the capsule, it beeps constantly until you change it. I lasts an uneven number of days (like 5 and some hours) so the time is never the same when it's going to run out.

Do you use the bee venom on the neck for CCSVI? That was discussed at the conference too. It sounded like he thought that pretty much all the lyme and mold patients had it and all with autism too.

We have the earthing sheet. I didn't notice a difference in sleep for myself or my daughter, but I do know that it lowers body voltage significantly which is good.

So, if you have any insight on how to get that MSH up, I would love to hear it.

Thank you for the info. Very good to hear about some of the products we were recommended to try.

His cocktail is still the same "viressence/quintessence" no propolis.

The bee venom was just for lingering pain from tonsillectomy and a slight knee strain from soccer. I have a knuckle that may have arthritis that has really been swoolen and aching. One application and the next morning the swelling/redness was practically gone. Can use it for 10-14 days before taking a break from it.

As for the MSH, I believe the VIP spray may be very helpful with that based on Shoemaker's book. According to a excerpt from his book, some patients had relief in 15 minutes! He also states that it should only be used after prior steps are taken which I will post as soon as I can.

DS doctor believes that a buildup over the years of certain toxins could be the result of his illness. We have removed 3 rooms in our basement of mold over the past 10 years. So not sure if we are dealing with continuing 'mold illness' of if once his toxin levels are improved will not be such a problem. Difficult to figure all of this out.

Glad you were able to attend Dr. K conference.

My son and I both had the mold panel done and even though our numbers looked like mold toxicity, our LLMD did not confirm it until the C3a and C4a were back. I believe these inflammation markers indicate bacteria (C3a) and mold (C4a).

Our LLMD, after discussing with Dr's K & S. suggested either Cholestyramine, clay or chlorella (20 pills daily). We are going with the clay and hoping it isn't too gritty tasting. :(

Did you do any of the other tests as well (HLA PCR+MSH+VIP, TGF-1, TSH+T4F+T3Free). Will be interesting to hear the results of these tests.

Here is the course of treatment that Dr. Shoemaker recommends in his book "Surviving Mold":

1) Collect lab information

2) Perform ERMI testing to ensure there is no exposure to a building with ERMI greater than '2' if patients MSH is less than 35 and C4a is less than 20,000; or no exposure to ERMI greater than '-1' if MSH is less than 35 and C4a is greater than 20,000

3) Removal from prior exposure (i.e., treating post-lyme, no working, living etc. in molding environments

4) Correcting toxin carriage with CSM and/or Welchol

5) Eradicate biofilm-forming MARCoNS

6) Eluminate gluten if shown in positive blood test and celiac ruled out

7) Correcting elevated MMP9

8) Correcting ADH/osmolality

9) Correcting low VEGF

10) Correcting elevated C3a

11) Correcting elevated C4a

12) Reducing elevated TGF beta-1

13) Replacing low VIP

14) Final check to verify stability off meds

Our doctor is not following this order, but I thought it was informative (even though I do not understand all of it) :wacko: .

Edited by JuliaFaith

I have had chronically low MSH for 4 years now. Once I started taking VIP, made at Hopkington Drug in MA, it was the first time that my MSH rose significantly. Not only did my MSH rise, but my health improved right along with it.

Thanks for sharing that.

My daughter's doctor plans to prescribe the VIP nasal spray. Were you tested for MARCONS before the VIP spray was prescribed? Dr. K's nurse did a presentation at his conference and mentioned that you shouldn't do the VIP spray if you have MARCONS. No explanation as to why though.

So you weren't doing anything else different at the same time (like cholestyramine or mold remediation)?

First: Cholestyramine to clear out toxins and keep them out.

Second: After confirmation of MARCONS, a strong antibiotic for a month, plus the BEG spray. This was four years ago, when VIP was not available. Felt better. Fatigue lifted.

At this time, I didn't realize I was living in a moldy home, so I never completely got over things, although things were better than the grave illness I suffered before.

Moved out of moldy home, continue to take drastic measures to keep air clean. Feeling even better, however, my body is so hypersensitive, I am still on cholestyramine.

Third: Starting taking VIP: about a year ago. Health started improving by leaps and bounds considering the prior three years of slow progression.

I still take cholestyramine for everyday toxic exposures, but the VIP has limited my reactions to those exposures. I'm hopeful that if I continue to take VIP, it will heal me completely! I am a rare case. Of the 25% mold susceptible, I am part of the 1% that has refractory illness. In may case, VIP has been a God send. I hope that others will not need long-term treatment that I have needed, usually cholestyramine can do the trick without VIP. But, the most important thing to remember is that you will never get well if you continue to be exposed...that is what happened with me and why I had to stay on cholestyramine so long. Children's immune systems are not mature like an adults. They will be more susceptible to bad air than an adult. Clean even the little bit of mold on the window sill you see, even if you think it couldn't possibly be making your child ill. Even minute amounts will make a mold susceptible person sick.

Thanks for sharing that.

First: Cholestyramine to clear out toxins and keep them out.

Second: After confirmation of MARCONS, a strong antibiotic for a month, plus the BEG spray. This was four years ago, when VIP was not available. Felt better. Fatigue lifted.

At this time, I didn't realize I was living in a moldy home, so I never completely got over things, although things were better than the grave illness I suffered before.

Moved out of moldy home, continue to take drastic measures to keep air clean. Feeling even better, however, my body is so hypersensitive, I am still on cholestyramine.

Third: Starting taking VIP: about a year ago. Health started improving by leaps and bounds considering the prior three years of slow progression.

I still take cholestyramine for everyday toxic exposures, but the VIP has limited my reactions to those exposures. I'm hopeful that if I continue to take VIP, it will heal me completely! I am a rare case. Of the 25% mold susceptible, I am part of the 1% that has refractory illness. In may case, VIP has been a God send. I hope that others will not need long-term treatment that I have needed, usually cholestyramine can do the trick without VIP. But, the most important thing to remember is that you will never get well if you continue to be exposed...that is what happened with me and why I had to stay on cholestyramine so long. Children's immune systems are not mature like an adults. They will be more susceptible to bad air than an adult. Clean even the little bit of mold on the window sill you see, even if you think it couldn't possibly be making your child ill. Even minute amounts will make a mold susceptible person sick.

Thank you so much for sharing all of your info. It gives me hope for the future. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did you do any of the other tests as well (HLA PCR+MSH+VIP, TGF-1, TSH+T4F+T3Free). Will be interesting to hear the results of these tests.

I just went to labcorp to have these tests done (and the other "labcorp only" on Shoemaker's Mold Panel) and was told I needed to fast first. Same for everyone else? Also, they needed some of the liquids that are used for mixing the tests...so I have to wait until they get them. I'm glad I found out this info. before I brought my daughter in.