ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDAS docs- who do you recommend?

My DS13 in the last 9 months was diagnosed with PANDAS by 4 doctors, 3 of which are well-known on the East Coast.

None of them could get our insurance to cover IVIG, which is what they all recommended since he has been sick for 9 years.

I was forced to seek an integrative doctor and seek out alternative therapies.

1 month ago the integrative doc uncovered Lyme and a co-infection of Babesia. PANDAS treatment must begin with clearing underlying infections, especially Lyme.

I HIGHLY suggest you rule-out Lyme and co-infections. Use Igenex Lab or Neuroscience Lab (My Lyme I.D. test).

Some on this forum may disagree, but many have had a similar experience.

Good Luck.

My DS13 in the last 9 months was diagnosed with PANDAS by 4 doctors, 3 of which are well-known on the East Coast.

None of them could get our insurance to cover IVIG, which is what they all recommended since he has been sick for 9 years.

I was forced to seek an integrative doctor and seek out alternative therapies.

1 month ago the integrative doc uncovered Lyme and a co-infection of Babesia. PANDAS treatment must begin with clearing underlying infections, especially Lyme.

I HIGHLY suggest you rule-out Lyme and co-infections. Use Igenex Lab or Neuroscience Lab (My Lyme I.D. test).

Some on this forum may disagree, but many have had a similar experience.

Good Luck.

Thanks! That is good advice. My son had Lyme titer by hospital lab that was negative. I believe they use Western Blot method. I have never fully understood or researched into the whole lab issue with Lyme's. I have always read that everyone recommends it be done with Igenex- what is the significance and validity with that particular lab method? He has never had big tick bite issues. Although, I have pulled a few off of him over his 11 years of life. We are not in a big Lyme prone area like the Northeast, although, it is not unheard of here.

Thanks for any feedback!

I agree with mommd that most of our kids probably have lyme disease underlying. I was about to go down that trail right before I started homeopathy. I am in touch with many moms whose children have autism/pandas and doing homeopathy. One of the moms had a diagnosed lyme kid who needed antimicrobials 3 times per day to function. She found that within a week of his homeopathic remedy he was able to go down to 2 times per day, then 1 then none. This child is fully recovered one year later of lyme, autism, pandas, etc. and on no meds and no supplements. This is a huge movement now within the autism community b/c the word is getting out and people are finding it to be much more simplistic and effective of an approach.

I'm not trying to contradict anyone at all, just pointing out the homeopathy, too, can very effectively deal with lyme without all the side-effects of antibiotics.

I recommend Bouboulis in ct. I believe he is worth the travel, we live in GA. He also will run a Lyme test via igenex to rule it out. He accepts most insurance which to us really helps too. In NC we saw Dr Biddle and he is pandas friendly. He is an md, but also treats naturally. His bedside manner is lacking, but I think he's okay. Might be worth it for you since it would be so close. He doesn't take insurance and is quite pricey. If we didn't have dr bouboulis we would see dr biddle, if that means anything.