ACN Latitudes Forums

on Day 3 of higher dose steroid

I had two good days on the higher dose steroid. Dr. B . put her on 50mg for 3 days. Things looked pretty good. She took a shower...changed her clothes and said "mom, it's the calmest I have ever felt"... she even started reading (which she can't do usually) but now... I can't get her to stop reading. Ohmygosh, this is weird. She is on day 11 of steroids.

I had two good days on the higher dose steroid. Dr. B . put her on 50mg for 3 days. Things looked pretty good. She took a shower...changed her clothes and said "mom, it's the calmest I have ever felt"... she even started reading (which she can't do usually) but now... I can't get her to stop reading. Ohmygosh, this is weird. She is on day 11 of steroids.

I am sure the steroids will not cure her... but I would take compulsive reading over rages for now. I hope she reads herself to sleep tonight and you have a quiet evening!

Seroquel was one very short-lived one for Evan. Did nothing. Or made things worse. Most drugs have. His psychiatrist said that psychiatric problems due to infectious etiologies are very difficult to find drugs that bring relief of symptoms while treating the real problem. I will say the less "exotic" the drug, the better the relief. Evan is on gabapentin & clonidine right now. Dawn