ACN Latitudes Forums

Zithromax Dose

I am looking for what zithromax dosages other LLMDS are giving your children. Specifically I want to see if dd8 is on a high enough dose. She's taking 250 mg daily. She weighs 55 lbs.

She is also taking 1500 mg amoxicilin daily and not sure what dose of flagyl but that is only 1 day 2x a month.

DD9 is taking 500 mg of zithromax daily but she weighs 88 lbs so maybe 250 mg daily for my little one is right.

I actually think what needs to happen is that she needs to switch from amoxicilin to something else. We don't see her neurologist until July. I don't think I can wait that long to have someone check her out. I'm close to realizing I need to get her to my LLMD instead of having our neurologist look over her lyme care. If nothing else, the lyme doc reviews us every month where the neurologist makes his appts every 3-4 months.

OK, now I'm just rambling. Someone make it all better ...lol, just kidding animal0028.gif

My dd9 is 62 lbs and is on 200 mg Zithro once a day and 1 tsp (not sure the mg) of Bactrim twice a day.

Our LLMD said if she wasn't responding we coud up the Zithro to 400 mg Zithro a day.

My dd11 is is 95 lbs and is on 300 mg Zithro once a day and 1 1/2 tsp of Batrim twice a day.

Your Zithro is a little higher than ours for a child a little smaller. When we were just on Zithro for PANDAS, my dd wanted to try a pill. The dosage was 50 mg more than her liquid dose...Dr. B said that wasn't a big deal...

I am looking for what zithromax dosages other LLMDS are giving your children. Specifically I want to see if dd8 is on a high enough dose. She's taking 250 mg daily. She weighs 55 lbs.

She is also taking 1500 mg amoxicilin daily and not sure what dose of flagyl but that is only 1 day 2x a month.

DD9 is taking 500 mg of zithromax daily but she weighs 88 lbs so maybe 250 mg daily for my little one is right.

I actually think what needs to happen is that she needs to switch from amoxicilin to something else. We don't see her neurologist until July. I don't think I can wait that long to have someone check her out. I'm close to realizing I need to get her to my LLMD instead of having our neurologist look over her lyme care. If nothing else, the lyme doc reviews us every month where the neurologist makes his appts every 3-4 months.

OK, now I'm just rambling. Someone make it all better ...lol, just kidding animal0028.gif

Susan,

Azith ounds really similar to our current dosage, Aidan is about 48 pounds and has been on 250 mg azith once a day.

He is also on 1200 mg of Augmentin (600 mg 2x a day) but only Mon. through Fri. Before we delved into Lyme treatment he was on augmentin only for PANDAS and it got switched to azith only, which brought on herxing and/or extreme nasal drainage and ear infection. ER doc prescribed amox for that and it did not clear up infection so a couple of days later we switched from amox to augmentin which did seem to help it clear up - so augmentin was much more effective for us than amox, at least at that point.

We just visited with our LLMD and we are changing up the antibiotics next week. They (Doctor and Physician's assistant) want to keep him on Augmentin since he has had the diagnosis of PANDAS and high strep titers. (They were actually in the normal range for the first time in a year last time measured) Now, they want us to give the azith on Mon, Weds and Fri every other week. Also to add Flagyl every other Friday only (same week as azith) - sounds similar to what you are doing with Flagyl

I thought this schedule seemed weird and I am full of questions about it but I just couldn't formulate them at the end of the doctor's appointment.

I do think some threads that appeared on this forum recently (the ones about people struggling with the Lyme treatment and setbacks and if they would go this route again) helped answer my questions partially. I think that LLMD thinks that Aidan is fragile and his issues with Beauvoir so extreme that they don't want to push too hard and get herxing that is too intense.

I am sure our LLMD knows what they are doing but I want to understand it more.

Also we think Bartonella and I am not sure which meds deal with that.

So many questions! and so much to learn!!

Elizabeth