ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr. B. has her doing steroids like this...

getting more mean every day. very grumpy. complaining of not wanting to grow up. can't get her to sit with tutors. i don't want to give up on this stuff though. i want to give it a REALLY good chance. should i report these symptoms to Dr. B. or is it not necesssry yet? it is only day 3...

getting more mean every day. very grumpy. complaining of not wanting to grow up. can't get her to sit with tutors. i don't want to give up on this stuff though. i want to give it a REALLY good chance. should i report these symptoms to Dr. B. or is it not necesssry yet? it is only day 3...

Yes - We've don similar tapers. As I said - the first 4 or 5 days re difficult as the prednisone builds in their system. By the end, we saw marked improvements.

The most important thing is to keep your child safe. Does your pediatrician know your child is on prednisone? When my son had problems I emailed Dr. B and also called my pediatrician to report the symptoms and he helped me out locally. It was good to keep him informed, so he could see my son if needed and so he could offer local advice.

The first taper, she was not communicating with us before she started the pred so it was mostly just wide eyed screaming and huddling in a ball when she didn't want something. By the second week, she seemed better, but she still screamed a few times. We didn't see any significant improvements until the end of week 3--but she was still not fully back by a long shot. It took until the very end of the month to see almost full improvement.

The second taper - during the first week, she was in her bedroom yelling, growling (if that is the right term), and banging on the walls. By the second week all that stopped, and her mood improved a lot. She was symptom free by approximately days 13-20. Her PANDAS was not nearly as bad as the first time because we ran to our PANDAS doc as soon as we were sure it was coming back--it was caught earlier.