ACN Latitudes Forums

Helminths (TSO) treatment for autism

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a father's story about helminth (TSO) treatment for his autistic son. In particular, check The Clues page for the effects of chigger bites, fevers and allergies!

http://autismtso.com/about/background/

Wow, that's amazing stuff. Thanks for posting it! The more I am learning about the link between the gut and psychology, the more I believe that's where our children's problems are rooted. I pray that discoveries and research in areas such as this, will ultimately cure all Autism spectrum disorders and many other autoimmune diseases which are on the rise.

This also goes to show the power of a parent's insight into their child's disorder!

Thanks,

Vicky

Thank you so much for posting this very intersting information.

I am sold-- where do I get this stuff?

one of my children has autistic features in her communication (or lack of), behaviors, irritability and, obviously, OCD. She will "break through" now and then-- Do others have this "intermittent autism"?

Edited by rockytop

This is fascinating. The recent article about this father, son, and the doctors, published in the Scientist:

http://www.the-scientist.com/article/display/57941/

What a link between between immune dysfunction and autism.

I know that our oldest d, during the worst exacerbation, would have been identified as having autism (moderate to severe) if someone had tried to evaluate her just during that time. I believe there is some type of connection between what Ps children are encountering and what children w/ autism spectrum disorders are experiencing.

OK Pandas people

My ds 17 is doing fantastic on TSO therapy. Ds started the treatment only 3 months ago and he is still at only half of his targeted dosage which is 2500 but his constant gut problems ( allergies---known and unknown--- causing skin rash, gas, diarrhea ) gone. OCD is minimum.

Expensive but worth every penny. We are planning to stay on with it.

OK Pandas people

My ds 17 is doing fantastic on TSO therapy. Ds started the treatment only 3 months ago and he is still at only half of his targeted dosage which is 2500 but his constant gut problems ( allergies---known and unknown--- causing skin rash, gas, diarrhea ) gone. OCD is minimum.

Wow Pathfinder, that is awesome. I have heard of this.

I'm a big huge wimp, and can't wrap my mind around the Ova part :-/ Not for us.

Oh Pathfinder that is BRILLIANT! Whoohoo!

My DS17 has been taking E.coli and believe me going into treatment I certainly had some doubts at that thought, even though it's not THAT different from taking the usual probiotics. He's doing very well. If he wasn't, I'd be looking at TSO too.

Sometimes we have to be brave. Well done you! Please keep us posted!

OK Pandas people

That is fabulous! Do you have an alternative doctor who is guiding you through the dosage? I can just imagine the look I'd get from our doctors if I suggested we try this. My interest in alternative treatments is definitely peaked though! Please keep us updated.

Thank you for sharing!

Vicky

OK Pandas people

Do you think the TSO tx is helping his gut problems?

How much does it cost?

I'm wondering if a lower dose would be needed for milder cases (eg PANDAS) vs. kids with full-blown autism?

OK Pandas people

Do you think the TSO tx is helping his gut problems?

How much does it cost?

I'm wondering if a lower dose would be needed for milder cases (eg PANDAS) vs. kids with full-blown autism?

Hello EAmom

I do not remember exactly how much it was for a bottle of 2500 unit but I believe it was around $400 a bottle.

My son is an adult male in weight and size so he would need maximum dose which is 2500 in every 2 weeks. He is currently taking only half of it and it already made a huge differences. My son had a long history of gut problems and nothing ever helped except TSO so I definitely think it is worth a try.

My son is not autistic or severe pandas and I don't think it has anything to do with dosage of TSO. One's weight and size is what counts here.

You start TSO in a small amount, probably in 100 units and then in 2 weeks, you go into 200 units, and then to 300 in another 2 week and so on until you reach your targeted dose. I do not know what your dd's targeted dose might be but you can figure it out as you move up the dose a little by little in evdery 2 weeks. ( Dr. Lin suggested that my son may have to go to full dose but he left it to me to figure it out) I think I am going to have my ds stay on at 1250 for next several months as it is already doing a fantastic job. ( My son weights 165 pounds ---maybe your dd needs half of my son's ?)

TSO was making differences in my son by around 3rd weeks. ( 650 units) You buy a one bottle of 2500 units and it will give you enough amount to see if it is working for your child.

EAmom, you helped my family so much when we first came to this forum looking for answers and I am very grateful.

pathfinder

Guest pandas16

Okay I'll just be honest and say that I've been using this treatment going on six weeks now with success as well. My tics and OCD are more or less completely gone and technically- you're not supposed to see the full results until ten weeks. My allergies aren't as bad either. There was no herxing or turning of the pages- just improvement. I tried it because I had a lot of the same symptoms as stewarts son including the nut allergy.

I work with Dr. Hollander, the same doctor as Stewart Johnson. I was told very differently about the dosage- I was told to start with 2500 ova every two weeks and continue that indefinitely. I actually spoke with Stewart Johnson on the phone and he suggested to start at 2500 as well because his son only partially responded to 1000. I didn't want to share because the hygiene hypothesis goes against everyone on this forum with the whole " chronic neurological Lyme" & intracellular bacteria being the root problem of everything.

Edited by pandas16