ACN Latitudes Forums

Emergency room all day.

I was actually in a good mood this morning, which is pretty rare for me. Even had the energy to put my fake eyelashes on, haha. Started feeling a bit funny on the way to school but that's hardly anything new, much less cause for alarm.

Got to Algebra 2 late, sat down, & BAM. Hands were shaking too bad to hold a pencil. Couldn't even think through the simplest of the problems anyway. Gagging on nothing like I was gonna vomit. Couldn't breathe & felt like there was an elephant sitting on my chest. At first I just thought the Mepron was ticking off (Ha-ha... get it?) the Babesia & bringing the clamminess back because I was burning up, but beads of sweat started dripping from my face onto my paper & when I checked, my hair was wet with sweat.

Texted my Mom, bolted out of class (as well as you can "bolt" in that condition, that is), didn't make it to the nurse but ducked inside of a bathroom just in time to fall over. I've dealt with dizziness before (mostly really bad right as I stand up), but NOTHING like this. I was on the floor, clutching the toilet, & still couldn't stop swaying. I managed to get my head between my knees & stayed like that until I could manage to stand. Made it to the nurse, who measured my temperature at 98.1 (which confused even her), & left with my Mom a few minutes later.

Went to my pediatrician who opens at 8, but apparently doesn't get there until 9...? The only person there was one receptionist who told us to go to the ER, so we did. Turns out the emergency room in a hospital isn't exactly hoppin' at 8:15 on a Monday morning & I doubt a sixteen year old with chest pains would have to wait long otherwise anyway, so we got in quickly. Of course by this time I was starting to feel better. I mean, that's just how it works, right? They were already looking suspiciously at my list of medications (as was I) but they wanted to leave no stone unturned. My temperature was still 98.1 upon admission. Ran another EKG (second one since April 21st) which was identical to the other perfect one, tested blood for anemia, liver problems, & even pregnancy, haha. All came out fine. Tested urine for some other stuff too that was all negative. After a while they called it a "Near-Syncopal Episode" brought on by all the Serotonin from my Adderall & Celexa. We've been trying to get a hold of my psychiatrist but so far, no luck. Ugh. It's been a bad day. :(

Emerson, here is a ((((((((BIG HUG))))))))!!!!! I truly hate that you are going thru all this. What kind of pediatric psychiatrist can't be reached in what's clearly an emergency?! I guess the kind that prescribed the Celexa in the first place. I guess you'll be going off of it. Just be aware that even tho' you've not been on it very long, you'll likely still have withdrawal. When do you get outta school down there? Any way to move it up early with a doctor's note? Between this and the Lyme treatment & everything else, ya got a lot going on Girl. Here's another ((((HUG))))!!!

More (((((HUGS))))) from here Emerson and I really hope you slept well last night and are still feeling better today! How long will you be reducing the Celexa before discontinuing it? I certainly hope you've been able to get clear input from the psych by now. Feel better soon... and I think Sarah had a great suggestion about school, if you can get support for that... or possibly home-bound for a while, if you need it.

ThenMama ~ Thank you!

Sarah ~ high school in my district goes from 7AM - 2:30PM. I'd rather come late than leave early! He was like "Well, we can see you tomorrow!" Um, excuse me? We're in the emergency room NOW. I didn't go off it. I kept the half dose for a few more days & then doubled it again with no bad results this time. Yay!

Denise ~ I really don't want Home-Bound unless I absolutely have to. Plus, school is reaaaalllllyyy easy at the end of the year. All we're doing is watching movies, haha. Plus, I don't think I can do my Health Science class home-bound since it's through a separate technical school.

TRG Girl ~ Thank you too.