39 IND

41 +++

83-93 IND

IgG

31 IND

41 +

58 +

CD57 28

So if I'm reading the report correctly-if IgM 39 would have been + instead of IND along with the +++41 I would be CDC positive.

So help me understand what all this means! Thanks

Pixiesmommy-you had a post somewhere that had a breakdown of each band. I can't find it-do you remember where it is posted?

Edited by ShaesMom

Mam2alex gave me this one:

Western Blot Bands description:

9 cross-reactive for Borrellia

12 specific for Bb

18 unknown

20 cross-reactive for Borrellia

21 unknown

22 specific for Bb, probably really the 23/25 band

23-25 outer surface protein C (OspC), specific for Bb

28 unknown

30 unknown; probably an outer surface protein; common in European and

one California strain

31 outer surface protein A (OspA), specific for Bb

34 outer surface protein B (OspB); specific for Bb

35 specific for Bb

37 specific for Bb

38 cross-reactive for Bb

39 is a major protein of Bb flagellin; specific for Bb

41 flagellin protein of all spirochetes; this is usually the first to appear after a Bb infection and is specific for all Borrellia

45 cross-reactive for all Borellia (sometimes people with Lyme who have

this band positive also have the co-infection Ehrlichiosis)

50 cross-reactive for all Borrellia

55 cross-reactive for all Borrellia

57 cross-reactive for all Borrellia

58 unknown but may be a heat-shock Bb protein

60 cross reactive for all Borrellia

66 cross-reactive for all Borrelia, common in all bacteria

83 specific antigen for the Lyme bacterium, probably a cytoplasmic membrane

93 unknown, probably the same protein in band 83, just migrates differently in some patients

I was band 18, band 34 and band 41 positive and IND for band 31. We did proceeded with confirmatory testing of band 31 'to be extra sure and clarify results'..... I was also positive for band 31 once we ran the test.

You have several Lyme specific bands present and could either proceed with further confirmatory testing or proceed with treatment and confirm with treatment response. BUT, I'd also say with your low CD57 more likely Lyme then not. Have you tested for co-infection yet? Sometimes those are predominant 'positive' making overall diagnoses easier.

Your results do not shock me at all... and what I expected. As you know, we probably had similar symptoms with Fibro 'like' on-set. Treatment has been very worth the herx response as I'm feeling better 'at times' then I have in years and that keeps me motivated. I've seen resolution in brain fog, urinary urgency/frequency, hair loss has stopped, I now sleep through the night (didn't for almost 8 years), fatigue/joint pain is much, much better, etc. The joint pain/fatigue/headaches/mood/swollen glands still come and go with herx's. I am also positive for mycoplasma and 3 viruses which I believe are part of the Fibro 'like' on-set.

Wishing you all the best with treatment.

Edited by SF Mom

Thanks Shadowtails-that is what I was looking for. Must have had the wrong Mom. :wacko:

I received some of Shae's other lab results today from IgeneX: (I mean Labcorp!)

CD57 - 19 (with a 1% - which is also below normal of 2%)

HHV6 - 6.81 (> .99 is positive) Mine was 4. something

So she came back more positive on both of these than I did. Still waiting on her IgeneX results-blood was drawn last week.

We were both negative for Babesia, Bartonella & MycoP through Labcorp. Shae's ASO & Dnase are both still elevated as well (547 & 207 respectively). These two tests have never been in the normal range since we first started testing back in '09.

SFMom-I think I've already experienced a signaficant herx but would like your thoughts. I had some surgery back in March. I felt HORRIBLE afterwards. Slept for three days straight, temperature fluctuations, chills, nausea, severe brain fog feeling of something just being off. Four days after surgery, I was given Levaquin for possible infection. I continued to feel absolutely horrible. Five days later I was given Bactrim still with no improvement. I finally gave up on abx after four days on Bactrim and started to feel better two days after quiting abx. I should not have this bad from the surgery alone. My legs didn't hurt though! :P

I did some checking and found out that I was given Cleocin (IV equivilant of Clindamycin) during the surgery. Every abx I was given is used to treat Lyme or a coinfection. I felt like death for almost two weeks-the entire time I was on abx. Possible herx???

Edited by ShaesMom

I'd say herx for sure!!!! Plus surgeries can make Lyme worse and is often the 'tipping point' for many post surgery. Not that you didn't have symptoms before. One women I spoke with in the lobby of a our Dr.'s office.. Her Lyme was kicked off by a broken nose, then surgery to fix. Had increasing Fibro 'like' symptoms post two events. Gave her steroid shots in her spine for Fibro and then she just spiraled down from there. Had to beg to check for Lyme since she lives in Texas. Of course, she was positive to the shock of her Dr.'s and then traveled to Northern CA for treatment. Two years later she is successfully being treated and doing a 1000 times better.

As for symptoms, they truly migrate and just because your legs didn't hurt this time around.... It doesn't mean it won't happen in the future.

Shae's CD57 is low. She is very sick. You will have a long battle ahead for both of you.... Find a wonderful Dr. who will hold your hand through this journey. I am excited to hear about your upcoming appointment in June with the Dr. in Iowa. I think you are still intending to keep, correct? I know you didn't come back positive on Labcorp but with the low CD57s likely a co-infection is involved. 80% have at least one co-infection so more likely at least one and the HHV6 has also got to be an issue.

-Wendy

Edited by SF Mom