ACN Latitudes Forums

How to get the nasty liquids down...

I'm no pansy when it comes to meds. For Lyme treatment alone I've taken two liquid detoxes, which as you can problably imagine tasted WONDERFUL, & two tinctures that actually weren't all that bad. When I initially got put on antipsychotics I couldn't swallow pills & so I was taking liquid Risperdal multiple times a day. My point being... I'm no baby. I can make myself deal with some foul tasting stuff & have proven so on multiple occasions.

Took the Mepron last night, which really wasn't that bad. Just numbed my mouth & made me look like I had lost a fight with Big Bird. It was also really difficult making sure that I took it all since I measured it right but it was so thick that it just sat there when I was trying to take it. Eventually had to scoop it out with my finger, but whatever. Do whatcha gotta do.

The Para-A, on the other hand, was a different story entirely. First & foremost, I know better than to smell meds before trying to take them. Don't think that's ever turned out well for anyone. But this stuff looks like oil & reeks the second you open the cap, oh my God. Still, I put a little dropper into a bit of lemonade & tried to grit my teeth, but the second it hit my tongue my body was just like "Oh #### no" & in what has got to be the most automatic gag reflex I've ever seen I spit it out all over myself. Tried it once more with the same results. It's not even so much that I'm thinking "Oh. this tastes bad. I should get this out of my mouth," as it is my mouth just absolutely refusing to swallow it. What has helped you guys with this?

Good to hear you are still working on getting better! My ds13 has an awful tasting 'cocktail' of stuff he has to take and the only way he can take it is to mix the tinctures and GSE with about a tablespoon of honey and follow with a big glass of water. Supposed to take with liquid but he says it would automatically be spit out because it tastes so bad. Good luck with that stuff and your healing!

Edited by JuliaFaith

Not familiar with para-a, think I'm lucky enough to have not ended up with anything that bad. It's tricky figuring out when to dilute versus mix something else in. Besides sweeteners, maybe something else strong tasting? Peanut butter or coffee? I've heard some trick about cutting off the smell, not sure if it was just plugging nose or something else. One thing I learned with liquid antibiotics I take via measuring spoon is to put the spoon almost to the back of the tongue before turning the spoon over and taking it, so at least the front of the tongue does not have to contact it. Not sure if any of this will help, but trying anyway.

Good luck!

I wanted to add ... Dr. K. mentions, I think maybe 1/3 joking and 2/3 serious, that a lot of what we do and even taste can be affected by the bugs, talking about the bugs making the things taste bad to get you to not want to take it, it's self-preservation attempt for them.

I recently started clindamycin, liquid compounded, for babesia, and it's pretty bad too. What I noticed was, first time, it was quite bad, day 2-3 it was much worse, and ever since, taste has gotten much better. We could make a story around getting used to it, but I do think part of the story is the bugs made it worse as they saw what it did, now they're dying and can't do that as much...