ACN Latitudes Forums

Parasite treatment

Hi, I'm not considered a Lyme mom, but a pandas mom with a dd6 with gut issues.

I understand many are familiar here with parasite treatments.

I started my dd6 on Humaworm capsules- they have 13 different organic herbs in one cap., are made fresh, so pretty potent, I believe. They include milk thistle, things to detox the liver, etc.

We have had 2 days (been on 2 days) of AWFUL herx. REALLY horrible. Pandas x10.

I emailed humaworm, wondering if she was having intolerence to one of the herbs? They said they believed it was die off, toxins being released, try giving it at night, or stop.

Her bowels are moving, nothing crazy coming out, but it's so awful here.

Anyone have experience with this?

I want to stop.

Hi, thanks!

Leaky gut, chronic constipation unless 'helped', and yeast overgrowth. Been dealing with it since she was 4. Before pandas dx and antibiotics came onto the scene.

I thought the humaworm might clear her gut out, get some healing.

First, I hope you never feel unwelcome on this forum. I understand why the lyme forum was spun off from the Pandas forum, but really, I think we all just want to help regardless of illness trigger and we all benefit from learning about things that aren't directly related to one disease or another. We're all just sharing what we know and groping our way along.

First, what made you consider parasites?

Second, what symptoms are the worst (since we all know Pandas symptoms is a pretty wide spectrum)?

Third, I don't think it's a bad idea to stop for the time being. It's possible you've just stumbled onto something significant. But it will probably be best to take your next step with the guidance of someone who understands this stuff (an LLMD or a DAN). They can order "poop" tests that look for parasites so you can devise a treatment that targets a specific thing and they can guide you in setting up a detox plan that's best suited for your circumstances (your dd's weight, considering what meds she's on, her diet, the whole picture).

I don't think I'd stop pursuing, but I think I'd consider stopping until you get the proper testing, a medical/detox plan in place to manage the fallout - and then I'd go back to war, better knowing the enemy and having support for the child's body and the mom's frayed nerves :)

PS- just saw your first response. FWIW, my DD had the same issues. She continues to need miralax to keep things moving. Theralac probiotic 5x/wk and TruFlora 2x/wk has taken care of her chronic yeast issues. 6 months of ruling other things out before starting treatment for bartonella. Problems not "solved" but doing much better on a Tick Borne Illness protocol.

Edited by LLM

We've been dealing with Chronic constipation & encopresis since the age of 2-way before PANDAS and everything else. Nothing we tried has worked for very long. My dd has told me that her body just doesn't tell her when it is time to go. Other times she can go great without any problems whatsoever.

I don't want to push the Lymes issue on you but take a look at this article and see if any of it fits. The chronic constipation, encopresis & "putty" like poop that doesn't respond to normal treatments fit my dd to a tee...

http://www.lymeinducedautism.com/images/Belle_s_Palsey_of_the_Gut.pdf

Thank you so much :-)

Our pandas Dr. is a DAN. I went to herbal because I'm tired of prescriptions, and I read they work well/best for this kind of treatment.

I was thinking parasites because: we've had constant chewing- on shirts to frayed sleeves. Finger nails bit down to the quick, started going after toe nails. Recently, I have heard slight grinding of teeth while sleeping.

And with our gut issues, I didn't think it was a crazy idea to think she may have parasites (YUK, I know.)

In the DAN world, these symptoms are thought to be:

Zinc deficent, Yeast, or parasites.

I've upped her Zinc for awhile, we treat yeast almost daily, so I thought parasites.

Her herx is: Anger. Back to hitting, running, hitting, running (loss of control, just 'gone' when she does this.) Verbal name calling. ANGER. It looks like our worst pandas. We are 21 days past our last IVIG, and I did drop her antibx down to 600 mg Azith. a week (41 pounds.) She is out of school and home, no exposure to illnesses.

But it all seems to have come out when I gave this first humaworm cap. I don't know.

Her bowels are moving, very decently, every morning.

I am rubbing magnesium sulfate cream on her back/feet. (She no longer takes epsom salt baths.)

I think I will stop. But, what if we're on the brink of expelling some very nasty stuff?

I thank you for your kindness here.

Edited by S & S

We've been dealing with Chronic constipation & encopresis since the age of 2-way before PANDAS and everything else. Nothing we tried has worked for very long. My dd has told me that her body just doesn't tell her when it is time to go. Other times she can go great without any problems whatsoever.

I don't want to push the Lymes issue on you but take a look at this article and see if any of it fits. The chronic constipation, encopresis & "putty" like poop that doesn't respond to normal treatments fit my dd to a tee...

http://www.lymeinducedautism.com/images/Belle_s_Palsey_of_the_Gut.pdf

Thank you, I did read the article, very interesting.

Somehow, I thought parasite treatment was a good thing for Lyme?

For those with lyme, parasite treatment is very important. Some would say it is the first step, before antibiotics.

I have never used the humaworm product, I know some have used it and liked it. There are MANY other parasite treatments. You very well could be doing excellent stuff with the humaworm. Another possibility besides stopping is reducing to lower dose for now, or also trying other treatment. Perhaps tests could help target what specific parasites are around, but those tests are VERY unreliable in terms of way too many false negatives. The worms/parasites are already degraded by the time the lab gets them. So, please, if you do tests and get negative results, don't assume that means there are no parasites. We ALL have parasites, it's only a question of which ones and how many of them.

• 1 year later...

trintiybella--Mimosa Pudica powder is one that we used for parasites. One dr. said to start slowly (i.e., 1/2 tsp 2xday).

We did treat for worms first which used prescription meds. Started with biltricide (2 days), then Ivermection/pyrantel pamoate (2 weeks), then Albenza (2 weeks) (Dr. Klinghardt protocol). Some of these treat parasites too.

Edited by JuliaFaith

I would suggest that you discuss this with your doctor(s) before you begin any treatment. Is your daughter is still seeing her Lyme/PANDAS doctors? Have they done any stool testing and had any treatment suggestions? I only say this because your daughter seems so fragile and prone to herxing.