ACN Latitudes Forums

Motrin, Benydryll and most things maker her rage...

I keep hearing about all of these things that make IVIG easier. Mortrin, Abx. benydryll, water. The only thing that does not make my child violent is WATER. Man, why is she always so different then the rest!!! Nothing has helped!!! I am sitting here with a bottle of Prednisone, and NOW I hear that it could cause her to get her period and that is a bad thing!!! So sorry for all of my confusion, but it IS CONFUSING!!! and THIS IS THE ONLY place I have 2 vent, so I am venting!!!.

I keep hearing about all of these things that make IVIG easier. Mortrin, Abx. benydryll, water. The only thing that does not make my child violent is WATER. Man, why is she always so different then the rest!!!

Wilma-do you know if your dd has any food allergies or intolerances? My dd has multiple of both and is also unable to take many OTC & RX meds because of the inactive ingredients. Raging is one of her symptoms as well when she takes something she shouldn't. She also gets really gassy & has a headache.

Everything you mentioned has dyes & flavorings added.

I am facing a similar situation as you but only in conjuction with the abx's & supplements needed for the Lymes treatment. I haven't found anything that she can take yet that is completely free of all allergens/triggers. Compounded meds are great but VERY expensive & Insurance doesn't pay. By the way-we compound Tylenol and I'm thinking of having Benadryl compounded next.

I keep hearing about all of these things that make IVIG easier. Mortrin, Abx. benydryll, water. The only thing that does not make my child violent is WATER. Man, why is she always so different then the rest!!!

Wilma-do you know if your dd has any food allergies or intolerances? My dd has multiple of both and is also unable to take many OTC & RX meds because of the inactive ingredients. Raging is one of her symptoms as well when she takes something she shouldn't. She also gets really gassy & has a headache.

Everything you mentioned has dyes & flavorings added.

I am facing a similar situation as you but only in conjuction with the abx's & supplements needed for the Lymes treatment. I haven't found anything that she can take yet that is completely free of all allergens/triggers. Compounded meds are great but VERY expensive & Insurance doesn't pay. By the way-we compound Tylenol and I'm thinking of having Benadryl compounded next.

You can buy Benadryl dye-free off the shelf, just FYI. And of course, dye-free motrin off the shelf.

Wilma, I'm sorry, I don't have any advice. Sending out PV's---

You can buy Benadryl dye-free off the shelf, just FYI. And of course, dye-free motrin off the shelf.

Not helpful in our situation. She is actually allergic to the processed pork products in the form of glycerin and the flavorings.

Wilma,

For what it's worth, my dd11 has been taking short 6 day courses of prednisone with her ivig. Her first ivig was last May. She was then 10, 85lbs and 4'10"; she looked rail thin and had restrictive eating/texture avoidance anorexia. Almost a full year later, she is over 5'4", 125lbs-a little too much now. She has the breast buds and the puberty signs, but I still think she is 9-18 months away from menses based on my height and my husbands; she's got a good 6" to go yet.

I will say this, and I don't know if it is from periodic short courses of prednisone or the ivig's, but she had always, always been delayed in her tooth development and in the past 6 months, she has completely caught up, surprising her ortho.

I'm not saying prednisone can't bring on menses, but that it might not necessarily. (maybe it allows the body to catch up to where/when it naturally should have developed?)

Prayers and warm wishes for health.

Jill

Edited by JAG10

Not helpful in our situation. She is actually allergic to the processed pork products in the form of glycerin and the flavorings.

Wow. ((sorry))