ACN Latitudes Forums

All over body rash?

My friend's daughter broke out in a rash the other day - almost like hives all over. They didn't itch but the next day she had a fever and her muscles hurt. One day she couldn't write, the next day she couldn't walk. She is better now and the dr says it was just a virus. They ruled out mono and did a rapid strep test. Anyone have any suggestions on what it might be? Of course I was thinking Lyme because of muscle aches and fever but with a full body rash?

Justine

Edited by justinekno

My friend's daughter broke out in a rash the other day - almost like hives all over. They didn't itch but the next day she had a fever and her muscles hurt. One day she couldn't write, the next day she couldn't walk. She is better now and the dr says it was just a virus. They ruled out mono and did a rapid strep test. Anyone have any suggestions on what it might be? Of course I was thinking Lyme because of muscle aches and fever but with a full body rash?

Justine

Scarlet fever is the first thing that comes to my mind. Did they only do the rapid? I think I would want a 72 hour culture & strep titers ran.

They looked somewhat like hives, kind of blotchy and square like- if that makes sense. Not really like a Scarlet Fever rash, at least not like what I've seen when my kids have had it.

Justine

Scarlet fever is the first thing that comes to my mind. Did they only do the rapid? I think I would want a 72 hour culture & strep titers ran.