ACN Latitudes Forums

I'm curious about the incidence of Diabetes

Could you all indulge me in answering a few questions, Please.

What is the incidence of Diabetes in your family? Type I or Type II? Was anyone "insulin resistant" for a long time, but not need medication right away?

Also, could you please indicate if you think you are dealing with PANDAS/PITAND or if you believe that Lyme is a factor too?

This article and subsequent google searches have me thinking:

http://www.forbes.com/2010/01/12/autoimmune-disease-hallucinations-lifestyle-health-medical-mystery.html

Thank you so much.

Could you all indulge me in answering a few questions, Please.

What is the incidence of Diabetes in your family? Type I or Type II? Was anyone "insulin resistant" for a long time, but not need medication right away?

Also, could you please indicate if you think you are dealing with PANDAS/PITAND or if you believe that Lyme is a factor too?

This article and subsequent google searches have me thinking:

http://www.forbes.com/2010/01/12/autoimmune-disease-hallucinations-lifestyle-health-medical-mystery.html

Thank you so much.

My sister has diabetes and it is a gray area (whether type I or II), wasn't found till she was 37 but they think possibly she may have had at a much earlier age. She is considered though now as Type II she is insulin resistant could only use oral meds for awhile before having to go to shots of insulin. I suppose it is possible that she was insulin resistant for quite awhile before she was dx with it and started taking meds. My grandfather was Type II diabetic. My daughter is Pandas/Pitand.

I guess I should answer too.

My side of the family, Type II (adult onset) - On my Mother's side it's far too many...herself, her Mother, Grandmother, Aunts, Cousins, Brothers, and my Brother.

My husband's side, Type II - His Grandfather, and His Mother.

Type I, My Husband's sister.

We're just PANDAS here.

Edited: My Husband's Mother was borderline for years...she watched her sugar before having to take medication.

Edited by Kayanne

I guess I should answer too.

My side of the family, Type II (adult onset) - On my Mother's side it's far too many...herself, her Mother, Grandmother, Aunts, Cousins, Brothers, and my Brother.

My husband's side, Type II - His Grandfather, and His Mother.

Type I, My Husband's sister.

We're just PANDAS here.

Can't believe I forgot to add husbands side of the family his dad was a type II diabetic also.

Hubs side has lots of type2, and one niece on hubs side got type 1 when she was @ 10.

I do think Allie has blood sugar swings, but hard to measure blood sugar when the needle sends her in to fight or flight (which floods the blood with glucose).

Matthew Silverstone talked about diabetes and Electromagnetic fields.

Can't rule that out anywhere.

Oh shoot!!! I had one more chapter to read, and I forgot all about it. Things have been busy here(the good kind of busy).

Sooo, are there supplements that help regulate blood sugar levels? I think that perhaps, when my daughter just freaks out w/o any obvious provocation that its because her blood sugar gets too low and her body overcompensates by flooding her bloodstream w/ glucose.

No diabetes on mother's side - middleage onset on father's side.

Did westernblot and Igenex test - no lyme or co-infections. But I do think there might be some unknown problem because positive for band41.

Thanks for posting article.

This is very interesting !!! Sister diabetic this is sooo danny,well not the honor roll part but very simular.I wonder if giving gaba sups would help?

Celebrex helps tremedously!!

Melanie

We have diabetes in the family too.

I find this very interesting...

I have a different take on this.

The liver, which supports glucose function, in compromised with an attack of Strep in the body. Perhaps because of its trying to fight the strep the blood levels go whammy????

no diabetes either side...but DS did test at borderline glucose levels first time around - I think 105? with 100 being the beginning of the middle range number...and then 95 the next time, so he was in the normal range the second time, but high normal.

DS is pitand.