ACN Latitudes Forums

dd9 is sick

dd9 came home yesterday saying she could not do any simple math. She could not do her math homework and was very emotional. I finally realized she must be sick. She had a slight fever. Then started complaining of thigh pain and joint pain. 3 canker sores.

This morning, 5 canker sores, joint pain, sore throat, all over pain, no fever, very upset and emotional.

What do you think? She has not had any medication changes. Her last flagyl dose was on April 17th. I'll be taking her to her peditrician but he does not know lyme. Strep swab, what else? Could this just be a bad herx at this stage in the game?

Susan

It definitely sounds like Babesia to me. Was slight fever in a.m. or p.m.? I believe Bartonella is a.m. and Babesia is early evening. Watch for a slight elevation again today. The rib pain was awful for me... it did not come and go but took months to feel better.

If you have Oil of Oregano, break open capsule and put in warm water..... have her gargle, it should take care of mouth sore fairly quickly.

-Wendy

dd9 came home yesterday saying she could not do any simple math. She could not do her math homework and was very emotional. I finally realized she must be sick. She had a slight fever. Then started complaining of thigh pain and joint pain. 3 canker sores.

This morning, 5 canker sores, joint pain, sore throat, all over pain, no fever, very upset and emotional.

What do you think? She has not had any medication changes. Her last flagyl dose was on April 17th. I'll be taking her to her peditrician but he does not know lyme. Strep swab, what else? Could this just be a bad herx at this stage in the game?

Susan

Her last flagyl was Apr17, but what is she currently taking (anything)?

She is also taking 500 mg daily zithromax and 1500 mg daily amoxicilin (plus all the yeast meds and probiotics, etc.)

Her doc this am said she looked good, no signs of infection from his point of view. Chest sounded good, etc. He told us to take increased ibuprofen throughout the day and an extra zyrtec daily. We did that when we got home and she does seem a lot better.

Her fever was in the evening. I will watch for that tonight. She was also complaining of weakness and chest tightness and her feet hurt.

Chiropractic helps my ribs quite a bit- might consider that to make sure everything is lined up okay

Calcium can help the canker sores and help w/inflammation/fever too.

I've read that some researchers think canker sores may be an "over-reaction" to streptococcus bacteria. Did you get her checked for strep?

AT the same time, what you're describing sounds like herxing - it can be so hard to tell!

Her canker sores had already improved a lot by tonight. So weird. She had a very good afternoon and than crashed at about 5:30 when her symptoms came back. No fever tonight but not at all well. What is so sad is that her brain is not working right and she can't think well. I feel so sad for her.

I don't have a sense of the co-infections after reading that. It's so confusing! Our lyme support doc didn't call us back today. :(

Susan

Today she has less physical symptoms but is an emotional wreck. I have sent her to school and called the counselor to check in on her today. I had the thought this morning that she is staring puberty so maybe this is the beginning of a monthly cycle on top of not feeling well. UGH!

Thanks for the support. I am still completely confused but time keeps passing and I know things will change.

Susan

OK, sorry to keep posting our updates, LOL but I figure I'll keep you posted.

Neurologist and acting lyme doc has ordered some tests which include ASO and antiDNASE, crp, cbc and I have the rest written down at work. Then he's ordering an EEG. I think he feels that she has had a seizure (he is a neurologist so this would be something he'd want to rule in or out).

dd9 failed to tell me that she also had this thing on monday after her period of confusion with her eyes where they shake back and forth which he was concerned about before but since it was only accompanied by confusion once he let it go. Her brain has been hurting (different from a headache). So I already have one kid with seizures so now I'm a little freaked that I'm ending up with two kids with seizures. Her pain is gone but she's still not right in the head.

susan

• 2 weeks later...

Here's our update on dd9. All blood work and EEG came back normal. Yesterday she came home from school and said she had a really good happy day and she felt almost back to normal (pre episode from almost 2 weeks ago).

I have a question out to the neurologist about what next, does he have any other ideas, but now I am assuming it was a lyme herx or lyme symptoms and we just continue on as we are and see what happens. I have asked if it's possibly time for a medication change. I don't know what else to do. I am going to try to up my detox efforts with her.

Susan