ACN Latitudes Forums

The court system

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well--We are in big hot doo doo now. Ds12 got very violent last night--We were all scared with the look in his eyes and the hammer flailing. He has done stuff before, but this was a different frightening. He managed to bolt out the door and run in his sock feet. Someone's car window was the recipient of a

rock and something about the bank. No beds at the hospital he has gone to. Short story: He is in a detention facility until a bed opens up. He has been appointed an attorney ad litem. The juv court officer has begun the proceedings for a CHNA--Child in Need of Assistance. Now we fight to retain control of our son. How to get him well, retain control of his care, and remain safe. No such place exists. Prayers would be appreciated. Dawn

Thanks for all your prayers and concerns. The best way I can describe the situation is that the state has him on a leash; he just happens to still be in our yard!! We will know more tomorrow when the JCO visits with the co. atty to see how to proceed. She is aware of the uniqueness of his situation and how he slips through all the cracks, and appreciates that we are good parents in a tough situation. They have been up to their eyeballs with kids at the hospital--even called Evan's doc who is the director there. Hopefully, tomorrow. The goal is to get him the IVIG while he is in and also lyme tx. The bartonella is what is screwing him up right now, it seems. He is actually sounding really good and more clear thinking. He has been off the GSE for a week and his tics, OCD, ramped up behavior & rashes on his back have disappeared. The lyme doc & psychiatrist are to talk. Evan is a little "cutting-edge". If it wasn't for the psychiatrist we would be in a world of hurt. Evan & 7up mom opened his eyes to IVIG and how it works. He has been willing to go outside the box and not bat an eye. I'll update when I know a little more. Continue to pray that we can get our boy treated, he & everyone & everything can stay safe, and we stay completely in control of his care. This stinks--but here we are, so here we go for our boy. No time to roll over. Dawn

Guest pandas16

Thanks for all your prayers and concerns. The best way I can describe the situation is that the state has him on a leash; he just happens to still be in our yard!! We will know more tomorrow when the JCO visits with the co. atty to see how to proceed. She is aware of the uniqueness of his situation and how he slips through all the cracks, and appreciates that we are good parents in a tough situation. They have been up to their eyeballs with kids at the hospital--even called Evan's doc who is the director there. Hopefully, tomorrow. The goal is to get him the IVIG while he is in and also lyme tx. The bartonella is what is screwing him up right now, it seems. He is actually sounding really good and more clear thinking. He has been off the GSE for a week and his tics, OCD, ramped up behavior & rashes on his back have disappeared. The lyme doc & psychiatrist are to talk. Evan is a little "cutting-edge". If it wasn't for the psychiatrist we would be in a world of hurt. Evan & 7up mom opened his eyes to IVIG and how it works. He has been willing to go outside the box and not bat an eye. I'll update when I know a little more. Continue to pray that we can get our boy treated, he & everyone & everything can stay safe, and we stay completely in control of his care. This stinks--but here we are, so here we go for our boy. No time to roll over. Dawn

When you say GSE do you mean grape seed extract?? I had an absolutely terrible reaction to that which is why I had to stop taking theralac. I remember reading on the forum a long time ago that grape seed extract also aggravates crohns disease too. If GSE stands for something else then sorry! I'm way off topic.

When you say GSE do you mean grape seed extract?? I had an absolutely terrible reaction to that which is why I had to stop taking theralac. I remember reading on the forum a long time ago that grape seed extract also aggravates crohns disease too. If GSE stands for something else then sorry! I'm way off topic.

Is grape seed extract in Theralac? Thanks.

Yes, Grapefruit Seed Extract. This will be something we have a serious conversation about---or the psychiatrist can have a serious conversation with the lyme doc--can we substitute something else to go after the bartonella. Dawn

Thanks Shaesmom!!

Interesting that GSE is the discussion here. My DS just started it again 2 days ago and is flaring up again (also combined with Quintessence & Viressence). He has been off of it for a while now but was flaring up last time he was on it as well. 5 days flare..2 days ok...4 days flare...2 days ok...3days flare...2 days ok...1 day flare up. When I say 'ok' just back to his baseline which is not that great either.

You are in my prayers for Evan!

Guest pandas16

Yes grape seed extract is in the theralac that I was taking.

Yes grape seed extract is in the theralac that I was taking.

I have some of the children's Therelac powder in my frige. Just checked...I don't see it listed. I ask, because my daughter had an increase of symptoms when we tried it months ago, and I stopped it. Since GSE is sometimes used to treat lyme, it would explain the herx. I had the capsules as well, but I ended up taking them myself.

Edited by philamom

Thanks Emerson & Everyone else!

Well, the knock to the door came today. On the other side was the county sheriff to deliver the court summons we knew was coming. I thanked him for coming in an unmarked car!! Maybe I made his day!! I was ok until I sat down & started to read it. It smarted. :-( I cried.

For those inclined to pray, we visit the attorney ad litem tomorrow at 10 a.m. We will decide if we stay with her or hire his own attorney since the summons says we have to pay for her anyway!!! Guess I was naive. I won't give a bunch of details right now. Tired of explaining. Pray the visit will be beneficial. Pray that Evan can be dismissed so he can get the IVIG he needs. I'll share more when I know it. I have a folder prepared to give to her. You guys are the greatest!

Dawn