ACN Latitudes Forums

The court system

Well--We are in big hot doo doo now. Ds12 got very violent last night--We were all scared with the look in his eyes and the hammer flailing. He has done stuff before, but this was a different frightening. He managed to bolt out the door and run in his sock feet. Someone's car window was the recipient of a

rock and something about the bank. No beds at the hospital he has gone to. Short story: He is in a detention facility until a bed opens up. He has been appointed an attorney ad litem. The juv court officer has begun the proceedings for a CHNA--Child in Need of Assistance. Now we fight to retain control of our son. How to get him well, retain control of his care, and remain safe. No such place exists. Prayers would be appreciated. Dawn

Edited by Iowadawn

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would contact ILADS.org to see if they can recommend an attorney - even if he/she weren't local, it's possible they'd be willing to consult with a local attorney to discuss defense/options/case law. You might try posting on lymenet.org, which has thousands of forum members, to see if anyone there might have ides/recommendations as well. I'm sure money on attorneys is not something you look forward to spending, but it's far better than losing your voice in the matter. Until then, you may not want to go into great detail about the lyme. It could complicated the matter and bring scrutiny into things that wouldn't be investigated (like medical treatments) if this were a simple legal matter. You might be better off letting authorities think it's a criminal mischief matter - sad to say but something to think about.

You guys are in my thoughts...

Thinking of you. It's one of those things we always think could happen. Thankfully no one got hurt, but I know that is small consolation now that you have to deal with the legal system, etc.

:( Hugs

Well--We are in big hot doo doo now. Ds12 got very violent last night--We were all scared with the look in his eyes and the hammer flailing. He has done stuff before, but this was a different frightening. He managed to bolt out the door and run in his sock feet. Someone's car window was the recipient of a

rock and something about the bank. No beds at the hospital he has gone to. Short story: He is in a detention facility until a bed opens up. He has been appointed an attorney ad litem. The juv court officer has begun the proceedings for a CHNA--Child in Need of Assistance. Now we fight to retain control of our son. How to get him well, retain control of his care, and remain safe. No such place exists. Prayers would be appreciated. Dawn

sorry to hear this, as if this isn't hard enough. I don't know if you first had a PANDAS diagnosis you may be able to ask for some advice from Beth Maloney. I am not sure where she stands on the lyme issue but she was an attorney ad litem so she may have some insight in the fight for you. Maybe if she could just use her profile to help you convince those necessary that this is a MEDICAL problem. I don't know, I will pray for you.

My heart is breaking for you my dear friend! Like I mentioned in my email, situations like this show why there is such a great need for a hospital or some place to send these very sick kids to so they can be properly treated. This is soooo frustrating to me, as you know. If he was into drugs they would keep him inpatient for a month. If his chronic infection was causing him to throw up and become dehydrated and malnourished he would be hospitalized. But in this case the chronic infection is causing his brain to be inflamed and short circuit so since the presentation is pretty much only between the ears you are left to try and manage things at home. Now look what has happened ..... this infuriates me!! I wish I was rich. I would open up a center for these older hard to treat children since apparently there is no such place on earth!! We can physically control the little guys but when they hit a certain point it is impossible!! This is sooooo unbelievably sad!! He is a good boy ..... we have to figure out how to get him well!!! I am praying HARD for you, your boy, and your entire family!!! I am here for you when you are ready to talk ...... day or night no matter what time it is.

Thank you for all the kind words & encouragement, & especially prayers. Believe me, friends, I WILL use the drug addict/rehab & illness illustrations with the attorney. We have been told by an attorney we have sought counsel from last fall, & whom works w/ juv cases, that the court appointed attorney ad litem for our boy is very good and receives high marks from him & others. We are praying a bed opens up in the hospital so we can have him moved out of detention tomorrow. This stinks. Dawn