ACN Latitudes Forums

babesia treatment the worst

Just following on the EE info, which I just googled and have a question.

For the last 25 years, every once in a while,when I am eating, my throat constricts for about 1.5 seconds. Totally closes, then it opens and everything is normal. Really scary, but have learned to live with it. Always when eating bread or a bagel, never with anything else. But, I can eat these foods hundreds of times and be fine, and then wham! it happens. Only occurs about 5 or 6 times a year, so not frequent -- but for 25 years now! Not classically allergic to wheat or milk -- had those tested.

Does this sound like a variant of EE? Thanks!

I don't want to derail the thread, but I TOLD you I had all the symptoms!! It keeps getting worse too- I don't know if the treatment is bringing it out or what, but.. !!!! I do think the more aware of it you become, the worse it is- it totally compounds itself-- you choke, then you're afraid you might choke, so you choke again which makes the fear worse. Geez.

There are those here who know far more about this than I do, but from what I have read, there are certain foods that can trigger it- so maybe you are reactive to gluten or wheat or yeast? Seems like it would happen w/something similar... say, pizza crust, if that were the case.

Michael,

Have you ever been evaluated for a TMJ issue? It is a co-infection symptom (can't remember which one...Bartonella or Babesia).

My daughter was evaluated by an integrative dentist before she got the Lyme dx last month. He explained the TMJ/swallowing relationship and how a dysfunctioning TMJ really compromises the musculature of the neck, shoulders, etc.

Just a thought.....

As I say..."put it on the to-do list."

Good luck.

Michael,

Have you ever been evaluated for a TMJ issue? It is a co-infection symptom (can't remember which one...Bartonella or Babesia).

My daughter was evaluated by an integrative dentist before she got the Lyme dx last month. He explained the TMJ/swallowing relationship and how a dysfunctioning TMJ really compromises the musculature of the neck, shoulders, etc.

Just a thought.....

As I say..."put it on the to-do list."

Good luck.

I was evaluated for TMJ in the summer of 2009. Back on the Tourette's board, there was an idea sweeping through that TS can be cured for some people by adjusting jaw alignment, as it can be caused by TMJ and some nerves being compromised. Apparently this treatment has worked for some. I got a device for alignment, wore it up until just about 1-2 months ago, finally did not need it anymore. It made me much more relaxed, less anxious, but did not do much more than that for me. Fast-forward, and we hear that lyme loves to hide out in joints, TMJ is one of them. The adjustment that my device did was way more than the TMJ doc said would make sense based on bone/teeth alignments, but it was very helpful at the time, probably keeping a very infected joint/nerve from being the least bit aggravated. At this point, perhaps I would benefit from a small adjustment, and it is on my list to consider after I am completed with lyme treatment. Interesting how all these different ideas come together sometimes.