ACN Latitudes Forums

Not sure about what I am seeing?

I tried my girl on Azith & Nystatin, and then Vanco. and Diflucan, and then Rifamkin (spelling??) All of these made her OCD worse at night, and super agitated. I kept her on them for a good amount of time and then I was told to stop them. But what is interesting is she looks a bit less psycotic these days. Could these have done some good even though while on them, she was way out of control and her symptoms were really bad?? It's either that they helped a bit or the teeny teeny bit of seroquel( 6mg) at night is the one helping. Not sure.

I know when my daughter does the rifampin/augmentin combo treatment things are pretty bad while she's on them, but afterwards (once the yeast is cleared up) we get about 3 months of good stuff. BTW, diflucan+rifampin is pretty hard on the liver, so we wait til the rifampin is done to do the diflucan and we do liver checks during treatment as well. Augmentin always, always amps her yeast.

On the other hand, if the seroquel is helping her sleep better, being well rested goes a long way towards improving mood!