ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr T's comments re: being positive for Lyme band P41 and PANDAS

DD6 has positive band 41(IGG) also positive 39(IGM) and even though we have tons of ticks in our area, and I have seen a tick on her on several times-no bites that I know of,and dds face looked like that of a stroke victim for about a year-not anymore tho, he doesnt feel any further lyme testing is necessary. But from what Im learning here I think that may be our next step.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Band 39 is very specific for Borrelia (Lyme) and Bells Palsy is common symptom. I'm not sure who told you your daughter doesn't have Lyme, but from her test results and that symptom alone, I can't understand how they came to that conclusion. They probably just don't know that much about Lyme. I would get her to a reputable LLMD immediately!

DD6 has positive band 41(IGG) also positive 39(IGM) and even though we have tons of ticks in our area, and I have seen a tick on her on several times-no bites that I know of,and dds face looked like that of a stroke victim for about a year-not anymore tho, he doesnt feel any further lyme testing is necessary. But from what Im learning here I think that may be our next step.

Yep- son with band 41 positive also. I remember Dr. T was not surprised about this when we first saw him one year ago... I know he is the only doctor I have ever met that actually is a true scientist as well. He really does want to understand this disease, as compared to "just treating". I know some of the the Dr. T posts were closed... but just my two cents... he is worth it... a little hassle re: getting messages through has been worth the time he gives when we see him (what doc comes in on Sunday and then spends an hour and a half with new patients (and even on subsequent visits?!).

Hope he figures out the band 41 issue and what it means for our kids! I haven't pursued Igenix yet... but I'm sure I will pursue it at some point soon... no stone left unturned?!

Frannie

Band 39 is very specific for Borrelia (Lyme) and Bells Palsy is common symptom. I'm not sure who told you your daughter doesn't have Lyme, but from her test results and that symptom alone, I can't understand how they came to that conclusion. They probably just don't know that much about Lyme. I would get her to a reputable LLMD immediately!

mama2alex I tried to PM you but it wont go through,Ill try again tomorrow--Angela