ACN Latitudes Forums

Help-is there anything I can do now

Since starting down the Lyme road, we have been learning about a lot of new supplements. But one that rings a bell around your situation is NAC.

The article I read sais that NAC helps with the following:

•Fighting the flu

•Chronic bronchitis

•COPD

•Oxidative stress and a potent antioxidant

•Alzheimer’s disease

•Obsessive compulsive disorders

•Addictions

•Schizophrenia

•Bipolar disorder

•Endurance and muscle fatigue

•Detoxifying health metals

•Kidney health

Here is the link to the article: http://factoidz.com/the-health-benefits-of-nac-nacetyl-cysteine/

I was going to suggest NAC or glutathione. Those will help her detox and deal with anything that might be a herx or reaction, from what I understand. The friend I was telling you about (her user name here is Sorteep, if you want to send her a message) healed her son from what she thought was Autism (now thinks it was PANDAS) and used IV glutathione to help w/detox and said it was very powerful.

I can't believe it's going to be JUNE!!! before you can get in. OMG! :(

I agree you should try to push up the testing and doctor's appointment in IA. I agree with calling Igenex to ask about getting a sample from the biopsy to be tested for Lyme/coinfections. I'm sure they will work with you if its possible to do it. If you read this in the next hour, you can still call them (they're 2 hours behind you). Also, I would call the Iowa LLMD and explain Shae's condition - the autoimmune disease in her esophagus, the feeding tube, the raging, etc. Tell them its an emergency at this point, and beg them to get you in sooner if you have to.

She's in my prayers. Call any time!

Thanks everyone. I will look into the NAC this weekend. Her next scope isn't until May 24th so I'll call IgeneX on Monday and ask some questions.

I'll call the LLMD on Monday as well. There is a Doc in Missouri who comes highly recommended from several others on a different forum so I may call his office as well.

She has actually refused to hook up her feeding tube a few times at bedtime when she has been raging and even just in a "mood". So-sooner would definitely be better under those circumstances.

Edited by ShaesMom

On the prescription side of things, cholestyramine is the drug of choice. It comes with sugars and/or fake sugars and other junk, what a shame, I get it at a compounding pharmacy so I can get it without those things. On the OTC side of things, chlorella can be very helpful as well.

this is about the third time i've seen this drug mentioned in about as many days. i know it's an old cholestrol med, is it just a prescription med that does the same as chlorella or bentonite clay? or it is different? or is it more effective as a prescription med? thanks.

It was prescribed for us for detoxing molds. We weren't able to take it though, because it was powder and full of all kinds of additives. To get it compounded was outrageously expensive, and we have an extremely hard time with powders/liquids here.