ACN Latitudes Forums

This is just getting unbearable...

As most of you probably know I refrain from posting anything until I'm sure it's necessary. Don't wanna post about what I think could be a symptom/herx & then just find out it's some one day fluke.

For the past week or two, I have felt horrible. Well. More horrible than usual. The weirdest part about it though is that it starts at the same time everyday... Around 1PM. like clockwork. Some days it's gone away quickly, others (like last night) I go to bed still feeling like it.

My school starts at 7AM, we have lunch at 10:30AM on A days & 1:00PM on B days. & we get out at 2:30PM. I don't eat lunch there since they have literally zero options for me & I'm not hungry for lunch at 10:30AM anyway. Besides a few exceptions, like the beginning of this year & TAKS days, that's always been the case.

Earlier this week I started feeling HORRIBLE at one PM. it starts off with a headache. Not a painful, normal headache. One of the foggy disorienting Lyme ones where everything just feels... Wrong. Except ten times worse than usual. Sometimes I can't even walk. Just stumble around until I inevitably fall over. Then my stomach starts hurting. Sharp, stabbing pains even when I've been super careful & more dilligent with my probiotics than ever. Once I'm hunched over with my head between my knees, trying to make everything stop whirling & my stomach calm down, the nausea sets in. & THAT is weird. I don't get nauseous. Gluten, meat, you name it... Doesn't make me nauseous. I haven't vomited in eight years. & it's not the kind of nausea that's content with being exclusive to your stomach. I feel nauseous in my bones, muscles. My heart & my brain. I just feel NAUSEOUS all over. It sounds odd but that's really the only word. I feel bone-weary & more exhausted than ever. I can't sit up or keep my eyes open. It's horrible.

I thought it might have been because I was menstruating, but that stopped two days ago & the feeling hasn't left. I also even went so for as to make myself eat earlier than usual today (I HATE getting off schedule...) & it didn't make a bit of difference. None of my meds are increasing & I've added nothing new since the Cefdinir, which I tolerated fabulously. I have no idea why I would be feeling like this...

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

What are you doing for detox? Are you charting your symptoms? Are you doing anything to keep your blood sugar stable throughout the day? Are you staying hydrated?

I don't have experience with the nausea but it sounds like your body is crashing and it seems to coincide with a time of day that your body is needing nutritional support. There may be something much more to it, but make sure you're covering the basics at the same time. You may need to use that 10:30 time to experiment and see if a nutritional "intervention" then can help mitigate what you feel at 1pm. Can you buy some milk cartons and add your own carnation instant breakfast? Can you pack a few granola bars or even some orange juice?

Sorry - I know these suggestions are simplistic. But don't want to overlook the obvious.

I'm sorry :( I really don't know what to say. I have been miserable the whole time I've been on meds except for a day and a half where I had like NO symptoms at all. Otherwise, I get really similar symptoms to you around 3pm.

My dr swears that Alka-Seltzer Gold and 1600mg of Glutathione will stop a herx in its tracks.... and that has NOT been the case for me, but maybe it would help you.

What are you doing for detox? Are you charting your symptoms? Are you doing anything to keep your blood sugar stable throughout the day? Are you staying hydrated?

I don't have experience with the nausea but it sounds like your body is crashing and it seems to coincide with a time of day that your body is needing nutritional support. There may be something much more to it, but make sure you're covering the basics at the same time. You may need to use that 10:30 time to experiment and see if a nutritional "intervention" then can help mitigate what you feel at 1pm. Can you buy some milk cartons and add your own carnation instant breakfast? Can you pack a few granola bars or even some orange juice?

Sorry - I know these suggestions are simplistic. But don't want to overlook the obvious.

On Thursday I did eat lunch at the scheduled time & I ate fine today, too. Neither of them helped. :/

Thursday I had waffle fries from Chick-Fil-A (you could probably guess that there's a story behind that, haha) & for whatever reason my friend made mashed potatoes, corn, hashbrowns, & mac n' cheese for lunch/breakfast at 11:30 today. Didn't do a thing to curb it.

The way you describe feeling nauseous, I think that may be similar to how I feel when I feel really bad. I'm so bone tired that I feel sick. I find that sitting in our sauna or with a heating pad helps a lot. Something about the heat helps. My herxing or symptoms or whatever they are seem to come around the same time of day for me too. It's about 3:00pm I start to get really tired and I feel like I can't function until about 7:30pm.

I spent today worried that I am becomming a hoarder for the fact that I am too tired to do much around the house. I am getting further into debt since I am too tired to cook that we eat out WAY too much. Now I did just change abx and I'm all messed up right now so I hope it will change soon.

Only other thing that I've tried that seems to help is ibuprofen. I take it every 4 hours when I'm doing very poorly.

Can you talk to your doctor about it to see what he/she thinks?

Susan

I agree w/talking to your dr. I just talked to mine tonight. He thinks my symptoms are because my yeast is out of control, so I am going to stop everything (abx and all) BUT the Nystatin right now and do some heavy duty detox. Maybe that is an issue for you too?

Hope you feel better soon.

Does this happen when you are not in school too? I would have strane symptoms happen like clockwork when i would enter a toxic environment (my moldy office for one). Maybe the place you are going to everyday at 1:00 had a recent water leak and toxic mold spores are at an all time high in that area?

If it happens on non-school days, and food doesn't seem to affect it, it does make me then wonder about detox support. Are you taking anything to help bind toxins--cholestyramine (prescription), apple/grapefruit pectin, chlorella, clay, activated charcoal? Besides binders, there are a variety of nutritional items that can help the body function better, including with detox. Glutathione is something your body makes and it performs the detox, but your body needs 4 amino acids to make it--cysteine is most commonly the limiting factor for many, and particularly for vegetarians that is more likely. NAC (n-acetyl cysteine) is a supplement that can help with that. There are many other vitamins, minerals, and proteins that can help also, and Burrascano's "Treatment guidelines" on ILADS website is one good source for that.

If you can't figure it out soon, would strongly suggest letting the doc now is probably a good idea too.

The ups and the downs are sooo confusing through lyme treatment.

My biggest piece of advice is to up the detox and incorporate motrin when going through downturns.

I did notice that when my children finished one infection and then started working on another infection (via ART), their symptoms increased. For instance, you may have finished working on the parasite and mycoplasma, but now your body may be really fighting the bartonella.

Unfortunately, we even had some really rough times during the last few weeks of fighting our last infections. For us, this was babesia. I was shocked at how difficult it was for my children to fight the last infections because my thought process was that one infection should be easier to treat then the many infections that we started with in this lyme journey. A friend, whose daughter is fighting the last stages of lyme noticed an increase in symptoms last week followed by a reprieve this week.

So, hopefully, this is a herx and means that your body is really working hard.

Keep us updated and call the doctor's office if you become really worried that this is more than a herx.

Elizabeth

I crash and burn between 1:00 and 3:00 almost daily too. When first being treated for Lyme it was bad and then it got much much better and was only happening about once or twice a week. Recently they started treating me for Babesia and its back full force. Our Dr. believes the crash and burn 'hitting wall' has to do with adrenal dysfunction/fatigue. Its a bummer but plan your day appropriately. Give yourself a lot of space/time to be sick/recovering.... 'rest when needed'. Getting well is your only true priority.

Advil helps. I take ATP Fuel and Adrenal Essences for the problem. You might ask your Dr. about it at next visit.