Jump to content
ACN Latitudes Forums

WB changed in weird manner, question about pex


Recommended Posts

Western old 4/19/10 -------- New 3/23/11

Ifa <1:40 ( neg) ------------ifa 80( pos)

<1:40 neg-------------------<40 neg

1:40 ind-----------------------40 ind

>1:80 pos-------------------->80 pos

 

 

Igm-------------igm

39 ind----------

41+-------------41 ind

 

 

Igg-------------igg

41+-------------41+

 

 

what is the significance of IFA?

what happened to the igms???

could alot of ibuprofren effect this..son is in alot of physical pain(some mag baths and cream)

reminder...2 out of 3 pos dot blot 12/10.cd57 jan/2011 is 16 and ds is 11 years old

igg for myco always slightly elevated..came down like a rock after 1st month of treatment a year ago.but still above normal

Only did lyme treatment about a month ...and had to stop and treat gut and reconfigure. But prior to that, he has been on zith or other abx pretty consistant over the course of the year

Igenex has this blood on hold..was going to test co-infections,,just trying to spread out cost...or should i redraw blood?

Has anyone done pex even though lymes may be an issue? Not in hindsite, but to help your child or self?

Edited by Fixit
Link to post
Share on other sites

PEX has been known to help with acute Babesia. It is an inner red blood cell parasite and not off hiding in soft tissue so it makes sense. However you would also need to be on the right antibiotics to treat any remaining parasite not exchanged. Lyme will hide in soft tissue so PEX is not as effective unless its in its active form.

 

-Wendy

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks wendy.

 

ds started Doxy on monday..per consversation with another lyme?myco p mother..

our llmd suggested 200mg but after speaking with mom and her sons age and similarity..i started him at 50mg...will hold there for a week or longer then up to 100mg..i think for my ds slower is better.

Its the only abx he is on currently. i am concerned about his gut and want to be careful.

how ruff is doxy on the gut?..he does sit up while taking it with food..but is it any more or less intrusive on the intestianl bacteria..this is a general question for anyone..

 

do you think doxy is a good choice currently?

 

do you have any thoughts on sons new WB results?

 

oh..should i use the blood at igenex to test for co's or should i redraw?

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks wendy.

 

ds started Doxy on monday..per consversation with another lyme?myco p mother..

our llmd suggested 200mg but after speaking with mom and her sons age and similarity..i started him at 50mg...will hold there for a week or longer then up to 100mg..i think for my ds slower is better.

Its the only abx he is on currently. i am concerned about his gut and want to be careful.

how ruff is doxy on the gut?..he does sit up while taking it with food..but is it any more or less intrusive on the intestianl bacteria..this is a general question for anyone..

 

do you think doxy is a good choice currently?

 

do you have any thoughts on sons new WB results?

 

oh..should i use the blood at igenex to test for co's or should i redraw?

 

Fixit-

 

Not sure if this makes sense to apply to your son's WB but this is what our llmd said this week when my son's IGM changed from positive 39 to IND 39 with no clinical improvement ... antibiotics are treating the lyme but the majority of the lyme is still in cyst form so there is no improvement in his tics... which basically means we have a long, long way to go... which of course contradicts my earlier post today of being impatient after 4 months on current antibiotic combo :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

not that it matters at this point, but should i use this blood that is at igenex to test for co-infections.

 

to me it looks like spirocetes went deeper/are hiding

or with the ifa being positive now maybe it's just showing up in different way.

 

either way, would this have an effect on testing for the co- infections.

 

also don't really feel like getting anohter kit and request together and the time to ship it.

 

ds is poked weekly and sometimes more due to allergy shots and other draws...

 

i'll probalby just use the blood there as i can also just fax request tomorrow, but does anyone have thoughts as to why i shouldn't??

Link to post
Share on other sites

we did PEX for DD back when we thought she only had PANDAS. It was a disaster. When we did it, we didn't realize we were living with a strep carrier and we brought DD home to an active strep carrier state in her sister. She fell to her lowest level symptoms-wise ever. It took her MONTHS of IVIG to recover. Hindsight is a different story, but I would make sure you have a very healthy immediate family before you consider PEX. I know it does wonderful things, but it was yet another trauma for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...