ACN Latitudes Forums

Finally - IGeneX Western Blot results

We've been waiting for these for a while. I don't know what took them so long.

We already had other tests back and dd8's Bartonella was positive at 160. LLMD expected WB to come back positive, but I'm not so sure it is...I sent them to her, but of course am to anxious to wait.

I'll just write where there was something to write about:

IgM 41kDa: IND

IgG 41kDa: ++

That's it for her.

DS 11 was borderline on Bartonella at 40. Western Blot results are

IgM

31 kDa: IND

41 kDa: IND

83-98 kDa: IND

IgG

30 kDa: +

39 kDa: IND

41 kDa: ++

So, if I read the interpretation correctly, you need + in two or more bands. This would make my son positive, but not my daughter. This is exactly the opposite of what I would expect, since it's my daughter that has all of the OCD and other PANDAS symptoms.

What is the difference between IgM and IgG again?

Thanks,

Kara

Kara,

Our LLMD feels its very rare to have Bartonella and not have Lyme. I think maybe 5% to 10% of all cases are purely Bartonella. What I suspect from results is the Bartonella is taking predominance in DD.... I bet once she is 6 months to a year into treating Bartonella those results will convert and Lyme results will have more positive bands (common for that to happen). Sometimes the sicker they are the weaker the antibody response.

In our situation, kids have congenital Lyme and do not recognize bacteria as foreign and therefore do not produce proper antibody response. All antibody testing was negative for our family and we did not unravel Lyme until we did urine PCR testing.

So, do you think it makes sense for me to get tested, too, to see if what they have may be congenital? I'll ask our LLMD about the PCD testing.

Thanks for your response.

Thanks, MDmom for your reply, too.

Kara,

Our LLMD feels its very rare to have Bartonella and not have Lyme. I think maybe 5% to 10% of all cases are purely Bartonella. What I suspect from results is the Bartonella is taking predominance in DD.... I bet once she is 6 months to a year into treating Bartonella those results will convert and Lyme results will have more positive bands (common for that to happen). Sometimes the sicker they are the weaker the antibody response.

In our situation, kids have congenital Lyme and do not recognize bacteria as foreign and therefore do not produce proper antibody response. All antibody testing was negative for our family and we did not unravel Lyme until we did urine PCR testing.

Only if you have symptoms or are wondering potential cause. They typically do not treat asymptomatic carriers of Lyme.

I had fibromyalgia symptoms that migrated and were increasing with age: knee pain, hip pain, hair loss, night waking between 3 and 4 a.m., afternoon fatigue, urinary issues, alcohol intolerance, stamina issues when exercising, etc.

After further investigation they found high titers or positive results for the following: Mycoplasma, 3 Viruses, Lyme.... I am believed to have Bartonella (haven't been tested yet) and currently being treated for Babesia (clinical diagnoses - negative test results).

-Wendy