ACN Latitudes Forums

28 days in

I had my first good day yesterday, after starting treatment almost a month ago. I have felt like I have the flu almost every day since starting, and day 27 I had severe stomach cramps, chills, the whole 9 yards. That terrible day must have been doing something though, because the next day (yesterday) I felt like I was a whole new person!!!

I have not been without brain fog and fatigue on a daily basis in more than 10 years. 10 years without a single good day. It was like someone flipped a light switch on yesterday- no joint pain, no brain fog, energy, good mood, no headache, no stomach issues.... everything was right with the world!!!

I just wanted to post this to share my joy, but also to give those hope who have been feeling like crap for a long time and then feeling even crappier on meds. I add more things today, so I know the herxing is just around the corner again, but if I can get a few days like this now and then, it's so worth it!!!

Congratulations! And thanks for giving us hope....

I had my first good day yesterday, after starting treatment almost a month ago. I have felt like I have the flu almost every day since starting, and day 27 I had severe stomach cramps, chills, the whole 9 yards. That terrible day must have been doing something though, because the next day (yesterday) I felt like I was a whole new person!!!

I have not been without brain fog and fatigue on a daily basis in more than 10 years. 10 years without a single good day. It was like someone flipped a light switch on yesterday- no joint pain, no brain fog, energy, good mood, no headache, no stomach issues.... everything was right with the world!!!

I just wanted to post this to share my joy, but also to give those hope who have been feeling like crap for a long time and then feeling even crappier on meds. I add more things today, so I know the herxing is just around the corner again, but if I can get a few days like this now and then, it's so worth it!!!

So glad to hear the good news! May the healing continue :)

Edited by justinekno

Thanks so much for posting this! I'm so glad to hear you had a good day. I have been trying to work up my courage just to do a 21 day course of doxy as a Lyme provocation. I've been really afraid of herxing at the same time I'm trying to heal my son, but your post is giving me more courage. My current plan is to start abx in two days.

Wishing you more and more of the good days!!

Congratulations and hang in there. Just think of how good you will feel in six months! 9 months into my Lyme treatment I felt ten years younger, which was better than I expected to feel. I had attributed some of my lack of energy to getting older and having young kids but it was clearly Lyme or babesia that I had for several years.

Dabel- Pixie is tired but not really herxing the way I am. She goes back in 3 weeks and we will talk about adding another antibiotic, from what I understand.

I added Nystatin and am not doing too well on it- dizzy and queasy. :wacko: I changed from Doxy to Minocycline but can't tell much difference yet. Also added Azith for the strep.

Just tested DH and my 3 yr old a few days ago.