ACN Latitudes Forums

Need Your Support

LNN

On these forums, I've learned great information on how to treat my kids and found excellent doctors that I never could've found on my own. I made friends who reached out during seriously low times and really understood the private ###### that I was going through. I've learned about the science of my kids diseases, what helps with inflammation and how to use ERP to cope with the worst of OCD, rages and other things that were tearing my family apart.

But now I'm struggling to understand how only a handful of people so far have been able to donate money to ACN to keep things going. There were lots of posts last week about not being able to review threads, getting blank screens. But no one commented that one of ACNs immediate needs is a server upgrade. ACN doesn't ask much of its members. But now Shelia is asking for some desperately needed help. If every member who's been on ACN in the past week donated $25, the goal could've easily been met by now. For the cost of one bottle of a supplement or probiotic you probably wouldn't know about if not for these forums, the cost of one copy of Saving Sammy or Cure Unknown. I know money gets tight - very tight. But so tight that a $10 donation can't be found?

In one week, ACN gets thousands of posts from people needing help and support. In two weeks, members have donated a mere $325. If hundreds of active members can't raise the money, how is just one person supposed to do this on her own? I haven't spoken to Shelia and I'm not sure how this post will sit with her. But I can only imagine how discouraging it's been to watch that thermometer not move day after day. What does that say about how we value what she's built? For those of you who read this, please do some soul searching and consider making a contribution. We owe it to our own kids and we owe it to Shelia.

Thanks for that reminder!

I have been reading this forum for a few months now, and only joined today so that I could make a donation! I have learned alot from reading about the journeys of other families, and have definitely discovered approaches I wanted to try out, some of which may have helped, and some not. Above all, a forum such as this provides a link to others going through similar difficulties, and helps each of us to feel less isolated, and more hopeful.

Thank you everyone, administrators and members, for providing this haven for all of us.

Karen

Thank you LLM. you are so right. This forum was our only valid help in many ways, and led us away from conventional medicating solutions, and towards trying altenative ones, which resulted in many calm days for DD. The forum supports us and we should make sure it can be maintained. It's like taxes, isn't it? If we want the services, there's something we need to give in return.

This forum has meant everything to me! It has changed my son's quality of life & it provided valuable info that i couldn't get from conventional doctors. I can go on & on about the benefits i have gotton, but i think we all know what i am talking about.

To keep this forum (information, suppport, leads...), we must all do our part. I don't know about you, but i have saved thousands of dollars on medical bills from this forum, not to mention my sanity. It is time to do your part. This forum is close to heart to soo many, can you imagine going forward without this forum?

I have been on this forum since 2006 and my son is virtually symptoms free for a couple of years now (thanks to ACN), so i don't log on as much. But i would still like to see this forum thrive, so people who come after me can benefit from it like it has benefited me. I know the pain & suffering it has caused me when my son had his initial onset, and i don't wish that upon anyone.

The donation that we make today can mean such a difference to those who are seeking alternative help and those who are coming after. If we don't keep this forum alive, many would not know there are alternative treatments available.

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked in & the donation is only half way there. It really saddens me that there is such lack of enthusiasum! There are soo many questions posted, but not enough to contribute. If only everyone contribute a dollar, the goal would be met!

So many have questions here, esp newbies. If we want to continue this forum it needs funding. The info here is all FREE, but there is still overhead expenses to maintain it. This forum provides invaluable info that often times even the drs. can't provide. Let's keep this going for the new comers so they too can become empowered and make a difference in their children's lives!

Pat