ACN Latitudes Forums

Messages of Hope

In spite of the fact that we are doing so well right now, I have been especially weighed down recently by the suffering of others. Of course, it wasn't always this good for us. PANDAS is ALWAYS painful, draining, and debilitating...at best. At our lowest points, I became intimately associated with the feelings of loss, despair, and hopelessness that we all seem to experience. On many occasions I asked myself, "Who or what is in control here?"

I recently came across two uplifting messages of hope that have helped tremendously. During times of trial, it seems one of the first things to go is proper perspective.

These messages are religious in nature, so I won't post the links to them here. Faith is either your kind of thing, or it's not.

If you're interested, please reply here or PM me and I will PM you the links to the messages.

Just know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. I believe healing and happiness can come to all who are affected by this disease.

Mike, even though some may not be religious, many have posted religious based messages on here before. I don't think anyone would be offended if you publicly posted them. If they don't follow that path, they simply will not read or respond. Please feel free to post them if you are comfortable.

Thank you for updating that your child is doing well and giving back hope to others.

Okay, Vickie. I can see you've been on the forum for a while, so I'll take your suggestion. So, if I'm not breaking any rules of etiquette, here are the links. Like you said, those who are interested can view them. If not, no harm done. I hope some on here benefit from them the way I did.

http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/the-atonement-covers-all-pain?lang=eng&media=video

http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/more-than-conquerors-through-him-that-loved-us?lang=eng&media=video